Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Adding VFX to just text

Adding VFX to just text 1 month ago #240584

• MickyG20x6
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Hi all, looking for a little assistance for a project. I'd like to apply a VFX (screen shake) to just affect the overlaying text of the video, leaving the video alone. I've checked the routing and can't seem to have much pleasure there (see attached)
Can anyone help?
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Adding VFX to just text 1 month ago #240587

• hugly
  • Banned
  • 1 month ago
Hello,

Disconnecting the input of the titles effect and merging both chains with a Blend would be one whay.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Adding VFX to just text 1 month ago #240594

• hugly
  • Banned
  • 1 month ago
While testing it, I detected that the version I have here isn't the version downloadable on the forum. My version sets the alpha channel to 1.0 for all pixels, which is solid black and hides the background. The downloadable version however preserves it, thanks to jwrl.

That shows how it should be connected to shake the text, but not the background:

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Adding VFX to just text 1 month ago #240618

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 month ago
I also strongly recommend using the Enhanced blend effect instead of the Lightworks blend if you use hugly's suggestion. Using the Lightworks blend effect in this way changes the appearance of the title effect. "Enhanced blend" will correct that. The routing is almost identical, and will look like this:

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

You just set the "Enhanced blend" effect's source to "Crawl/Roll/Title/Image key" and the blend mode to "Normal".
Last Edit: 1 month ago by jwrl.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds
Scroll To Top