Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How can I anchor/embed one video on another

How can I anchor/embed one video on another 1 week, 4 days ago #239446

• Jegon
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 4 days ago
I am making gaming videos and I have added pictures to lay on top of the video for seconds, they don't take up the whole screen but they usually have effects like growing into the picture or popping out from the bottom and then hiding again. I am wondering if I can anchor it to that section of video so that when I cut the video somewhere else and delete/close the gaps, the picture will stay at that moment of the video and not be left behind. Does this make sense? Please let me know if it doesn't and I can try explaining differently

Re: How can I anchor/embed one video on another 1 week, 4 days ago #239447

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 week, 4 days ago
If you fold the effects they will follow the usual editing functions with that segment. You do this by opening the timeline menu on the appropriate segment and selecting fold in effects.

Having to close gaps will slow down your editing. Mark and park the part you wish to delete and either use "x" or the delete icon under the sequence viewer. The gap will automatically close.

Re: How can I anchor/embed one video on another 1 week, 4 days ago #239448

• Jegon
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 4 days ago
Ah thank you for the help! I will try that out next time

I don't know what mark and park is but I'll usually find the start and end spots I wish to cut, press 'C' on those spots, and then either 'X' or 'Z' depending on which I need. Would the mark and park be similar to that or faster?

Re: How can I anchor/embed one video on another 1 week, 4 days ago #239449

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 week, 4 days ago
You can find out about mark and park here: www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=27&id=110089&Itemid=81

It's a key feature of Lightworks.

You can use "a" or "s" to quickly locate the timeline marker on joins. Also you can use the mouse scroll wheel on the timeline ruler to do the same.

Although you can do it, using "c" is something that new users often carry over from other programs. Often it just slows you down.

Re: How can I anchor/embed one video on another 1 week, 4 days ago #239450

• schrauber
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 4 days ago
Jegon wrote:
... have effects like growing into the picture or popping out from the bottom and then hiding again ...

It sounds like you used keyframing for positioning?

Jegon wrote:
... I am wondering if I can anchor it to that section of video so that when I cut the video somewhere else and delete/close the gaps, the picture will stay at that moment of the video and not be left behind ...

Do I understand you correctly that you actually want to change the length of segments in the timeline without creating a gap, and when extending short segments, you want the segments to the right of them to move further to the right accordingly?
Both could be done with " trimming".
Cutting is not necessary for this purpose, unless you want to increase the number of segments.

Also, do I understand you correctly that the segments already contain keyframing effects?
Do you want trimming segments to preserve the full keyframing of the effects by automatically speed adjusting the keyframing according to the segment length change?
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Software: Lightworks 2021.2 || Windows 10 Home, 20H2, 64 Bit
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)
Last Edit: 1 week, 4 days ago by schrauber.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds
Scroll To Top