Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Multiple monitors

Re: [SOLVED] Multiple monitors 7 months, 1 week ago #159036

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 7 months, 1 week ago
I mentioned it as an alternative to your suggestion because I use it that way.

I have display 1 on the right hand side and display 2 on the left. I need Lightworks to open left hand side which is display 2. With “Fullscreen window” unchecked, Lightworks opens on the display where the program has been closed before.

Edit: I forgot, this applies to Windows with monitors configured as a single desktop.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 7 months, 1 week ago by hugly.

Re: [SOLVED] Multiple monitors 7 months, 1 week ago #159087

• Doofer
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 7 months, 1 week ago
Thanks Hugly - success! That 'Fullscreen preview monitor' button is just the ticket, used in the manner you describe. Many thanks.

If I shut Lwks down like this, on re-launch it loads a windowed edit screen back on monitor 1 (underneath a fullscreen/F12 video screen) - but it's not too tricky to close the video screen and drag the edit screen back to monitor 2.

Re: [SOLVED] Multiple monitors 7 months, 1 week ago #159101

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 7 months, 1 week ago
My pleasure!

It shouldn't be necessary to move the window of the Lightworks desktop each time the software is launched. At least on Windows the last used position and size should be restored on multi-monitor desktops.

What operating system do you run, and what kind of desktop setup?

Re: [SOLVED] Multiple monitors 7 months, 1 week ago #159167

• Doofer
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 7 months, 1 week ago
Windows 10. Running Lwks on an i5 laptop (8MB RAM, 128GB SSD - yes, all the media is on a USB 3.0 HD!), HDMI connects to 27" Acer monitor. OS set to 'Extend' desktop to 2nd HDMI monitor.

Re: [SOLVED] Multiple monitors 7 months, 1 week ago #159169

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 7 months, 1 week ago
I run Windows 7 with two displays, Windows 10 only with one.

On Windows 7, the main window (even when maximized) of most applications (Lightworks for sure) reopens on the display where it's been closed before. That seems to have been changed with Windows 10?

See if this helps: answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-winpc/opening-programs-on-second-monitor-not-main/ebc1d56d-8b75-47d4-91b8-64ea71cc206a?auth=1
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds
Scroll To Top