Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Multiple monitors

Re: Multiple monitors 3 years, 6 months ago #83232

• Cheranda
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 years, 6 months ago
My Name is Medappa. I am some how desperate, now. I set"Fullscreen window" on "No"and still cannot drag the edge over my right window. I spend weeks first I looked "Show windows title bar" till I got to know that LWKS changed the name. What else can I do. Did I miss a step?

Re: Multiple monitors 3 years, 6 months ago #83237

• Cheranda
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 years, 6 months ago
I found out myself, now. I have to drag the edge of the windows frame. I tried dragging the timeline or preview window. Nevermind it works, now.

One question. When I dragged windows the border of that windows would stay not move along. It is little disturbing. Do have any soulutions?

Re: Multiple monitors 3 years, 6 months ago #83238

• arniepix
    Pro User
  • 3 years, 6 months ago
We can't see your computer from here. You'll have to tell us more about it.

What OS, graphics card, your monitors, anything that's relevant. and probably some stuff you don't think is relevant.
post production is not an afterthought!

Re: Multiple monitors 3 years, 6 months ago #83249

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 3 years, 6 months ago
Perhaps you mean the border of the on-screen tool does not move? Yes that's right, you need to reposition it and/or resize it, LW will remember the new position of your choice.
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation

Re: Multiple monitors 3 years, 5 months ago #84610

• snarkhart
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 years, 5 months ago
I downloaded the latest LW 12.0.1 for Mac, using the free version to see if I want to switch from current NLE. My biggest issue is breaking out of the single monitor box. This is something I can readily do with Premiere & FCP, working across all three screens. After carefully reading the threads on this topic I cannot seem to find in System Settings on the opening screen of LW: "Fullscreen window" Yes/No tick box. I even bought a one month license to see if maybe that was necessary to unlock this important feature..... it no difference. What am I missing folks?

System:
OS X 10.9.5
Processor 2 X 2.66 Ghz 6-Core Intel Xeon
Memory 64 GB 1066 DDR3
Graphic Cards: ATI Radeon HD 5770 (drives three monitors)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285 (for rendering)
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Multiple monitors 3 years, 5 months ago #84612

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 3 years, 5 months ago
Perhaps that's not an applicable setting on a Mac? It is certainly there on LW Win. There are also some specific MAC settings required to enable dual screen for LW at a computer level first - have you found reference to that in your searches?
BETA System
HP Z800 Workstation

Re: [SOLVED] Multiple monitors 3 years, 5 months ago #84617

• snarkhart
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 years, 5 months ago
Thanks RWAV for your reply. In the various threads on this topic the MAC specific system/computer level change that looks like it had the most merit can be found here. This link shows how to change the settings in the System Preferences for Mac called "Mission Control"

I performed the changes suggested and found that it did not change the behavior of LW regarding multiple monitors. As stated earlier, the fact that I can work across multiple monitors in Adobe Premiere and other programs causes me to feel that this is not the issue.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: [SOLVED] Multiple monitors 3 years, 5 months ago #84620

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 3 years, 5 months ago
Here ends my MAC knowledge - probably not useful right now - but other MAC users work with dual screens so it must be possible? Hope you can sort it out, sorry I can't help.
BETA System
HP Z800 Workstation

Re: [SOLVED] Multiple monitors 3 years, 5 months ago #84679

• snarkhart
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 years, 5 months ago
I was wondering if the One-on-One Training ($60/half-hour) offered by LW Store would be a way to solve my multiple monitor questions? Truly, I am thinking seriously of making the switch to LW. In the short time I have tried it out it has proved far more stable than the current NLE I am using. Given what my time is worth, if this was an avenue that would solve the issue (one way or another), it might be worth a shot.

Re: [SOLVED] Multiple monitors 3 years, 5 months ago #84721

• Craig Marshall
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 years, 5 months ago
I think a lot of new users misunderstand the Lightworks multi-monitor options. Yes, the desktop can sometimes be dragged across two or more monitors but in my experience, (and I use four monitors) it's a pretty sloppy way to work.

1) With only one monitor connected to Lightworks, (eg: working on a laptop) selecting the F12 key automatically switches that monitor full screen.

2) With two monitors connected at start-up, F12 will display a full screen image on the second monitor whilst the first can be configured for efficient GUI workspace. I like to use a 1920x1200 or higher resolution monitor for GUI with only small windows open for the editing screens. Regularly switching F12 'full screen' to a second monitor operating at the native resolution of your source material (eg: HD) offers an accurate reference, without any scaling artifacts. It is important to note that this display will only be at 8bit resolution, irrespective of whether your second monitor is accurately calibrated or not.

Ideally, the addition of a supported third party 'hardware' I/O card from BlackMagic, Aja or Matrox will allow monitoring on a second display at 10bit or greater resolution. Used in conjunction with a colour managed 10bit monitor, this setup offers an essential reference for anybody who needs to care about picture quality and colour accuracy.
Custom Haswell z87 i7 3.9Ghz 4770
System SSD, RAID SSD, RAID HDD
16GB DDR3, Thunderbolt, Nvidia GTX 970 G1 Maxwell GPU
Lightworks Pro with DNxHD license
Resolve 12.5 with OxygenTec ProPanel
X-Keys Pro 68 key USB Jog/Shuttle controller
2 x 24" HD GUI, 24" 10bit IPS Reference Monitor
12G Decklink 4K SDI Pro>HD-Link Pro>Display Port
Sony 55" X9000B 4K Client Monitor
Sony Super 35 HD camera with Atomos ProRes Recorder
4x4" matte box/follow focus. Zeiss 'Contax' FF primes with Metabones 'Speed Booster'
Rode NTG-3/I-Rig XLR Phantom preamp
HDvideo4K.com

Re: [SOLVED] Multiple monitors 7 months, 1 week ago #159004

• Doofer
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 7 months, 1 week ago
I have a laptop (smaller screen better at colors), and a bigger 2nd screen on HDMI. Is there a simple way to do as you suggest, but have F12 open the full screen playback image on the 1st screen - edit screen dragged onto the big 2nd screen on HDMI?

Re: [SOLVED] Multiple monitors 7 months, 1 week ago #159005

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 7 months, 1 week ago
The multiple screens don't work with the fixed layout in V14, only the flexible layout, I gather it maybe on the things to do list.

Re: [SOLVED] Multiple monitors 7 months, 1 week ago #159018

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 7 months, 1 week ago
Doofer wrote:
Is there a simple way to do as you suggest, but have F12 open the full screen playback image on the 1st screen - edit screen dragged onto the big 2nd screen on HDMI?

Not that I'm aware of inside Lightworks. Lightworks will use the primary monitor for editing and the secondary one for full screen display. If you set up your large monitor as your primary then it should work. But that's an operating system adjustment.

briandrys wrote:
The multiple screens don't work with the fixed layout in V14, only the flexible layout, I gather it maybe on the things to do list.

They do for me - just checked.
Last Edit: 7 months, 1 week ago by jwrl.

Re: [SOLVED] Multiple monitors 7 months, 1 week ago #159027

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 7 months, 1 week ago
Alternatively, you can try this:

1. From cogs menu of Project Browser (Local Projects, the starting window) deselect "User Interface.Fullscreen window"
2. Drag the Lightworks window to your HDMI monitor and maximize it (using OS tools).
3. Enter a project, open a viewer press F12 to see which monitor displays fullscreen preview.
4.If needed, from cogs menu of Project Browser, use "User Interface.Fullscreen preview monitor" to change position of fullscreen preview.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 7 months, 1 week ago by hugly.

Re: [SOLVED] Multiple monitors 7 months, 1 week ago #159034

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 7 months, 1 week ago
I thought that needed to be manually set each time that you launched Lightworks, and that you had to have full screen off to start with. It's not something that I need to do so I've never needed to check.
Time to create page: 0.62 seconds
Scroll To Top