Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Shutter Encoder - Settings & Tweaks

Shutter Encoder - Settings & Tweaks 1 month, 1 week ago #225175

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
Below you'll find the H.264 settings I currently use with Shutter Encoder to create a highly compressed format with balanced quality and editing performance. If you're converting for frame rate, activate 'Conform by', select 'Drop' and the frame rate from the drop down menus next to it. To save a preset in Shutter Encoder, press Ctrl-S.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

After tests with a wide range of source media, I find that the settings are a good compromise between encoding speed, file size, quality, and editing performance. The editing performance doesn't compare with any kind of common I-frame based intermediate formats though, but that's the price for small files.

If performance appears to be low with the converted files on your system, check out the internal proxy workflow.

Instead of setting the parameters manually, you can use the attached preset. Press Ctrl-S to reveal the location of the 'Functions' folder and unzip the attached file there. To select a preset, click the asterisk next to the button 'Cancel.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 month, 1 week ago by hugly.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds
Scroll To Top