Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Resolution/Export-Free/Pro version

Resolution/Export-Free/Pro version 6 days, 21 hours ago #223107

Hello,

The Lightworks I use as an amateur for personal use.
I hawe made a music video (classic) 35 minutes(1 GB) long which is bad resolution because I have a free version of max 720p, or.. do my photos of music scores already at the start need to be high resolution and how much? For now thei are jpg arond 1250x1600. Or is just enough to export 1080 HD when I will have Pro?

The video is made from photos of music scores, notes that are accompanied by an audio recording in the lower channel and are blurry after export..

I want to buy a pro version so I can upload a quality video to you tube
and I'm interested in how big, "heavy" video the Pro version supports and which of the Pro versions can export a 40-minute video like the one I described earlier?

Also, can I run this existing video through some filter and fix the resolution so I don’t have to re-edit everything because it’s really a lot of work?

Also, will it be possible for me to use this video made in the Lightworks free version after I uninstall to install the licensed Pro version?

If you have any more advice I will be grateful.

Thanks a lot, apologies for bad English and best regards

Ana

Re: Resolution/Export-Free/Pro version 6 days, 21 hours ago #223108

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 6 days, 21 hours ago
Welcome to the forum.

Lightworks was designed to edit feature films and major TV productions, so there is no length issue.

The quality of the export will depend on the resolution and how much compression you're applying. Note that YouTube applies a lot of compression, so good quality export assists keeping the quality up.

The higher the resolution of your source media the better the finial export will be. With stills, if you zoom on the still image, the resolution in the final video will be lower.

You don't need to uninstall the free version, the pro version is a license that opens all the features in your current Lightworks program.

With the pro license you can export at a higher resolution, you're not limited to your original export resolution. The limiting factor will be the resolution of your source media.
Last Edit: 6 days, 21 hours ago by briandrys.

Re: Resolution/Export-Free/Pro version 6 days, 21 hours ago #223111

Thanks a lot for the quick and detailed answer.

Re: Resolution/Export-Free/Pro version 6 days, 20 hours ago #223112

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 6 days, 20 hours ago
Hello,

To avoid any kind of frustration, I'd suggest evaluating your options and the results with a Month license first, prior to purchasing a Year or Outright license. This way you can see what you get at low financial risk. If you have trouble, come back and ask.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds
Scroll To Top