Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: MEDIA OFFLINE + can't repair

Re: MEDIA OFFLINE + can't repair 4 months, 1 week ago #222447

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 months, 1 week ago
Staddyy wrote:
So my video is all on one track (essentially) and made up of segments that just had the video between them removed. Is there a way to view say... timestamps? Of the original segments? Because by your method I have no way of knowing where the 'start frame' is on each segment (white sections) in correlation to the source video.

Unfortunately, with missing media (read: missing log files) and as far as I'm aware of, there's no way to reveal the original timecode of the cuts of missing media. I just tried if it's possible to reveal it from an exported EDL, no luck.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 4 months, 1 week ago by hugly.

Re: MEDIA OFFLINE + can't repair 4 months, 1 week ago #222448

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 months, 1 week ago
Staddyy wrote:
adding onto this, is there a video showcasing what you mean here?

What do you mean, how to replace a segment on the timline from the source viewer?

Re: MEDIA OFFLINE + can't repair 4 months, 1 week ago #222460

• schrauber
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 months, 1 week ago
@ hugly (off topic): Your question to me was no problem for me.
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

hugly wrote:
..To replace a segment in the timeline from the source viewer, mark and park a missing segment in the timeline. With no marked section on the source viewer, find the start frame on the source viewer and press the B-key to replace. ..

[EDIT] When using this standard Replace keyboard shortcut, however, it should be noted that the playhead must be positioned at the beginning of the relevant segment and Mark at the end.

[EDIT] I made a mistake and my video was too complicated, sorry.
Staddyy wrote:
.. is there a video ..

[EDIT] Here is the simple version:
This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Software: Lightworks 2020.1.1 & Beta 2021.x; || Windows 10 Home 1909, 64 Bit
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)
Last Edit: 4 months, 1 week ago by schrauber.

Re: MEDIA OFFLINE + can't repair 4 months, 1 week ago #222461

• schrauber
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 months, 1 week ago
For replacing segments, I personally prefer other workflows where I see in the source timeline the area that is added to the segment to be replaced. To do this, I temporarily synchronize the movement of the two playheads in the source and target with the keyboard shortcut Alt+2, and replace the segment with the keyboard shortcut "Backtime" ( \ ).
Of course, after replacing a segment, I have to stop the synchronization (Alt+1).
Unfortunately, you also have to manually search for the start frames of each segment in the source timeline because your project has probably lost this information.

[EDIT] Edited screen recording:

This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

You can also create macros to have to press fewer keys.

If you want to avoid such problems in the future: Manual backups store more than automatic backups, but should be created frequently to be reasonably up-to-date.
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)
Last Edit: 4 months, 1 week ago by schrauber.

Re: MEDIA OFFLINE + can't repair 4 months, 1 week ago #222471

• schrauber
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 months, 1 week ago
Because I was wrong, I have now edited my post #222460 and replaced the too complicated video.

My personal variant in post #222461 is much more complicated, but I like it, because after replacing a segment, both playback positions are on the next frame. This makes it easier for me to avoid adding already used frames.
With macros, however, this variant is also easier (more if you are interested). As a further option my macros also add range cue to the source timeline, so that later I have a simple overview of the used and unused frames (especially with non-linear used material).

Re: MEDIA OFFLINE + can't repair 4 months, 1 week ago #222479

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 months, 1 week ago
schrauber wrote:
@ hugly (off topic): Your question to me was no problem for me.

Thank you for the feedback, schrauber
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds
Scroll To Top