Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: VFX addons or plugins

VFX addons or plugins 2 weeks, 1 day ago #221113

Hello There,

I was wondering if anyone could help me on how to put a VFX addon or plugin file into lightworks so if someone can help please reply to me with the answer.

Re: VFX addons or plugins 2 weeks, 1 day ago #221115

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 2 weeks, 1 day ago
Welcome to the forum.

These are the listed plug ins

Third Party Support

Boris FX (64bit Windows and Mac OS X only)
Boris Graffiti (64bit Windows and Mac OS X only)
Adobe After Effects Plugins (Windows 32bit only)
Premiere Plugins (Windows 32bit only)
Blackmagic Fusion (7.5 and higher)
GenArts Sapphire (Windows 32bit only)

Setting up an assistant application can be found here: www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=7&id=192128&Itemid=81#216429

There are user custom effects here: www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=7&id=188603&Itemid=81

Re: VFX addons or plugins 2 weeks, 1 day ago #221118

I'm sorry but I still don't know how to add them to lightworks.

Re: VFX addons or plugins 2 weeks, 1 day ago #221120

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 1 day ago
Here you'll find the explanation how to install user effects:

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=7&id=188603&Itemid=81#188982
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: VFX addons or plugins 2 weeks, 1 day ago #221121

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 2 weeks, 1 day ago
As a free user you're limited to assistant applications.

The link to the message above explains where you can find the menu for setting that up and using the assistant application. You right click in the effects panel above the scroll and to the right of text, this will open the menu with assistant application.

Re: VFX addons or plugins 2 weeks, 1 day ago #221122

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 1 day ago
I would suggest skipping the assistant application, because nothing which is commonly called "plugin" will work with it. The interface is a plain text file, which just contains a file name and a frame count, that's it. Nothing will work automatically out of the box with such a basic "interface".

Take your time to investigate the user effects. There are many of those and most of them are well explained and easy to handle, once installed. And, they are free.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: VFX addons or plugins 2 weeks ago #221134

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 2 weeks ago
The LW Assistant Application workflow is a very versatile and powerful tool to launch third party applications from LW and to save their output for quick drop-back into LW. With the Assistant Application workflow any application capable of producing a LW importable moving or still image file can be integrated into LW. It is a highly recommended LW workflow.

Having said that it may not be the feature you are looking for at this time and perhaps the collection of user made VFX tools may be more suitable.

User hugly appears to not like the LW Assistant Application; the gratuitous denigration of it in this thread does no favours for LW or for users who could benefit from it.

When an assistant application is set-up to work with LW it is accessed from the Plug-ins section of the effects browser. In spite of user hugly's protests - it is then a LW plug-in.
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds
Scroll To Top