Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New laptop. Lightworks works one week. Suddenly not work.

New laptop. Lightworks works one week. Suddenly not work. 6 months, 2 weeks ago #218318

• nvelaz03
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 6 months, 2 weeks ago
Hi,

I bought a new laptop one week ago. I've used Lightworks years ago as you can see checking my user in your system. And I used it in several laptops.

I installed Lightwork in my new laptop soon and it works well until yesterday.

Yesterday was the first time that Lightworks ask me about my credentials to renew the license in my new laptop.

But using the credentials I ususally do to sign in your web, the programs ends without any error message.

I've read the logs and they show a continuous message about invalid license. The program always ask me about my credentials, but it never accepts them and it exits in about two-three seconds.

Thank you very much in advance

Nicolas
Last Edit: 6 months, 2 weeks ago by nvelaz03.

Re: New laptop. Lightworks works one week. Suddenly not work. 6 months, 2 weeks ago #218319

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 6 months, 2 weeks ago
Welcome to the forum.

The free version requires you to sign in after a week, you don't need to anything that involves the licenses, although, you could unintentionally take an extra step that gets you into the licenses.

Have you been using this new Lightworks in the 7 day trial period?

For your information:

When you start Lightworks, you will see a display in the Project Browser which counts down your free seven day trial period. Before the seven day period expires, you must register an account before you can continue using the free version of Lightworks.

In theory the username and the password you use for here should get the free license activated. I would try changing your password for here and then using the new password in the Lightworks to see what happens.

Re: New laptop. Lightworks works one week. Suddenly not work. 6 months, 2 weeks ago #218320

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 6 months, 2 weeks ago
nvelaz03 wrote:
But using the credentials I ususally do to sign in your web, the programs ends without any error message.

Do you mean after entering your credentials Lightworks shuts down and you can repeat that?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: New laptop. Lightworks works one week. Suddenly not work. 6 months, 2 weeks ago #218379

• nvelaz03
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 6 months, 2 weeks ago
Hi all,

Thank you.

I'm sorry but I was in a hurry everytime I used Lightworks last week.
I forgot I need to enter a user during first seven days.

I have changed my user password here, in lwks web, but it doesn't solve the problem.

When I put my credentials to verify the license, the programs exits without any message. I can repeat it as much as I want and the behaviour is always the same.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled lwks, with and without erasing /Users/Public access/Public documents/Lightworks files.
(I live in Spain and the translate of the path I can see in my HD could have a slightly different translate in your Windows with US language. But I hope you understand the path I'm trying to mark)

Have I any workaround?
Must I reinstall OS if I want to use Lightworks?

Again and always, thanks,

Nicolas

Re: New laptop. Lightworks works one week. Suddenly not work. 6 months, 2 weeks ago #218382

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 6 months, 2 weeks ago
Please use the report a problem form: www.lwks.com/reportaproblem

Re: New laptop. Lightworks works one week. Suddenly not work. 6 months, 2 weeks ago #218383

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 6 months, 2 weeks ago
Reinstalling the operating system to solve your initial problem makes no sense at all - don't do it!

That isn't a folder created by Lightworks
/Users/Public access/Public documents/Lightworks

What operating system do you run, Mac OS?
Last Edit: 6 months, 2 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: New laptop. Lightworks works one week. Suddenly not work. 6 months, 2 weeks ago #218386

• nvelaz03
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 6 months, 2 weeks ago
Hello hugly,

I'm sorry.
A literal translation is confuse often.

The path I tried to say is C:\Users\Public\Documents\Lightworks
If the translation from english to spanish is not fine in spanish W10, the reverse is always bad also.

My laptop uses W10.

Thanks very much,

Nicolas

Re: New laptop. Lightworks works one week. Suddenly not work. 6 months, 2 weeks ago #218409

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 6 months, 2 weeks ago
Usually, problems related to activation cannot be solved by users of this forum, only by Editshare staff, because activation involves access to the Lightworks servers via internet. Thus, contacting Editshare directly is what users of this forum recommend in this case - usually.

However, if Lightworks crashes as soon as you've entered your credentials on login, the problem might have a local cause.

Please try: With Lightworks shut down, rename the folder 'Lightworks' on 'C:\Users\Public\Documents\Lightworks' to 'Lightworks.org', restart Lightworks and login. If it works, fine, if not, zip the folder 'Logs' on 'C:\Users\Public\Documents\Lightworks\Logs' and attach it with your reply.
Last Edit: 6 months, 2 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: New laptop. Lightworks works one week. Suddenly not work. 6 months ago #219110

• nvelaz03
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 6 months ago
Hi,

I sent a report using the link bryandrys said in a previous post, but SAT didn't get in touch with me yet.

I've seen a new version is available minutes ago.
I've uninstalled 14.5.0 and I've installed 2020.1.
All it's ok now.

Thank you, bryandrys and hugly, for your efforts.

Best regards,

Nicolas
Last Edit: 6 months ago by nvelaz03.

Re: New laptop. Lightworks works one week. Suddenly not work. 6 months ago #219116

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 6 months ago
Thank you for the feedback.

We see, sometimes its highly efficient to duck and wait for the users to fix their problems by themselves.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds
Scroll To Top