Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Not able to split clip.

Not able to split clip. 2 weeks, 5 days ago #218094

New to light works and what should be a simple move has gotten me a bit frustrated. In edit I move the cursor mid clip and hit “c”. Nothing happens. And cap lock is not on.
I’m running it on an older iMac 27” OSX 10.11.4

Thanks!

Re: Not able to split clip. 2 weeks, 5 days ago #218120

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 5 days ago
Hello,

The most obvious cause for this behaviour is disabled tracks. The button 'All' down left on the timeline toggles enable/disable all tracks.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Not able to split clip. 2 weeks, 5 days ago #218123

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 2 weeks, 5 days ago
I don't know what you're trying to do, but some other NLEs use split to do things that are usually done by other methods in Lightworks. Although, "c" does the same job, there are a number of ways that operations can be carried out in Lightworks.

As mentioned, if the tracks are grayed out, they have been deselected.

Re: Not able to split clip. 2 weeks, 4 days ago #218137

• Jpaulbiss
  • Edu User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 4 days ago
ducharme-jones wrote:
In edit I move the cursor mid clip and hit “c”. Nothing happens. And cap lock is not on.
Thanks!

That has happened to me a few times. I was trying to make a cut in a clip and not the sequence from the clip.
Lenovo D30 Workstation,2x Xeon E5-2670, 128GB ram, Nvidia K4000, 2xDell U2312HM, Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, Lightworks Keyboard, Shuttle Pro 2 which works sometimes

Re: Not able to split clip. 2 weeks, 4 days ago #218138

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 2 weeks, 4 days ago
That can happen in the flexible layout or preV14 Lightworks. However, I would assume that the OP is using the V14 fixed layout, where you only have the one timeline, so won't have a clip timeline.

If wishing to select part of a clip before placing it into the sequence timeline, mark the in point with an "i" and park the cursor at the out point.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds
Scroll To Top