Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Black video (audio ok) when importing phone video.

Black video (audio ok) when importing phone video. 3 months, 1 week ago #216576

• Steve Waring
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
I'm a newbie to Lightworks I installed it yesterday. I imported a MP4 video of screen capture video from my phone (portrait mode) and everything worked perfectly.

Today I have created a new video (again a portrait screen capture) but when I import it, although the audio is fine, the video is black. The video was taken from the same phone.

I've attached a MediaInfo file for the video. My PC is running Windows 7 64 bit. lightworks 14.5.0.0. The video plays fine on my PC.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 3 months, 1 week ago by Steve Waring. Reason: File did not attach on first post.

Re: Black video (audio ok) when importing phone video. 3 months, 1 week ago #216580

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
Thank you for the information.

Unfortunately, current screen recording software of phones creates very unpredictable frame rates.

Width : 1 080 pixels
Height : 2 280 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 0.474
Frame rate mode : Variable
Frame rate : 5.111 FPS
Minimum frame rate : 1.923 FPS
Maximum frame rate : 4 500.000 FPS

To move to the safe side, I'd suggest converting all recordings of that kind prior to editing, even if they appear from a first glance ok. Try Handbrake and tell how it works for you. Here you'll find suitable settings:

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=23&id=166802&Itemid=81#209009
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Black video (audio ok) when importing phone video. 3 months, 1 week ago #216612

• Steve Waring
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
Many thanks. That worked a treat.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds
Scroll To Top