Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Is it possible to anchor a title or text to a pixel? So that it moves with the video?

Is it possible to anchor a title or text to a pixel? So that it moves with the video? 3 months, 4 weeks ago #215285

• TheLenz
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 months, 4 weeks ago
I have a video clip in which the picture on the left is in focus (of a tree which is static) and on the right is out of focus. It is a handheld shot (on purpose) and so there is movement. I want to put some text over the unfocused part (the right side) but I want the text to move in time like the tree. I dont know what the technical term is but I basically was to position the text so that it moves with the a pixel area of the tree.
For example the camera moves to the right slightly and so the tree on the left, moves left and the text on the right moves left with the tree movements equally.

Can light works do that?

Re: Is it possible to anchor a title or text to a pixel? So that it moves with the video? 3 months, 4 weeks ago #215287

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 3 months, 4 weeks ago
Welcome to the forum,

You can't motion track in Lightworks, although you can keyframe the positions, but that's probably not going to do what you want.

I'm going to delete your double post on this subject, since it causes confusion.

Re: Is it possible to anchor a title or text to a pixel? So that it moves with the video? 3 months, 4 weeks ago #215291

• TheLenz
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 months, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for clarifying the term 'Motion Track' and also for your reply! and deleting the double post. Many thanks!!

Re: Is it possible to anchor a title or text to a pixel? So that it moves with the video? 3 months, 4 weeks ago #215317

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 3 months, 4 weeks ago
What you want to do is called planar tracking. The best tool that I've used for that is Mocha, which is very expensive. The next best is Blender, which is free but it has an extremely steep learning curve. The upside is that you can create 3D titles with it, texture them, match the lighting to the background image, etc, etc., etc. But you really need to know what you're doing!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds
Scroll To Top