Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: H.264/MP4 export settings

H.264/MP4 export settings 8 months, 1 week ago #212781

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 8 months, 1 week ago
I have my own set of export settings for the Lightworks h.264/mp4 format. I find they create good quality with average footage.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

To preserve detail with critical footage, such as grainy film scans or artificially sharpened scenes with a lot of moving details, the necessary average values to avoid clearly visible artifacts can be significantly higher.

You will notice that not all max. values shown above can be adjusted with the sliders. Lightworks allows keying-in higher values, which apply to a single export or can be saved in a user preset. The min. and max. values are not so significant for the overall bitrate anyway, because they are apparently used for short term variations of the required bitrate only, same as with all other encoders I'm aware of, which allow encoding to average bitrate with one pass.

The settings on the panel for e.g. 1080p60 export, according to the table:

How to save export settings settings as preset:

Saved presets appear under 'User presets' on top of the list 'Format'. Please note: After selecting a preset with manually entered values outside the slider range, don't open the bitrate panel prior to export, because opening the panel resets the values to the default slider range.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 3 months, 3 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: H.264/MP4 export settings 1 month, 2 weeks ago #224669

• Roen Hike
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Wow thank you for this! Can't wait to try and tinker even more!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.41 seconds
Scroll To Top