• Page:

TOPIC: Extracting individual Ranged Cue as a SubClip

Extracting individual Ranged Cue as a SubClip 6 months, 3 weeks ago #211137

• eugenetongue
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 6 months, 3 weeks ago
Hi,
I have a 12-minute video, where I marked some Ranged Cues of interest. I converted them all at once to SubClips via Make->SubClip and they were named automatically with Ranged Cue's names. After making some edits I marked some more Range Cues in the same source Clip and now I need to extract some more SubClips (not all together again) with automatic naming. I tried to jump manually between Ranged Cue markers with 'a' and 's', marking and parking and then creating a SubClip, but it takes a lot of keypresses and doesn't name the SubClip automatically with a Ranged Cue name. How it can be done correctly? I wish just dragging a single Ranged Cue from the list to the Bin would do the trick, but it doesn't.

Thank you.
Regards.

Re: Extracting individual Ranged Cue as a SubClip 6 months, 3 weeks ago #211138

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 6 months, 3 weeks ago
Hello,

As it stands now, creating subclips based on cue markers doesn't memorize already created subclips to avoid duplicates on a second run. It's a one shot operation, all or nothing.

What you can do, make a copy of the entire sequence. On the copy, apply the new markers with a different colour to preserve the already marked regions temporarily which helps to avoid overlaps. When finished, on the cue marker panel, sort by colour, delete the old markers, and start the second run.

By the way, a feature to create subclips by colour of the markers, would be handy, wouldn't it?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 6 months, 3 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: Extracting individual Ranged Cue as a SubClip 6 months, 3 weeks ago #211140

• eugenetongue
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 6 months, 3 weeks ago
I forgot to mention that my question concerns the LOG screen. I converted Ranged Cues from a single source Clip as SubClips in one shot and then just want to add and convert some more Range Cues to SubClips individually from the same Clip, fast and with automatic naming. But I suppose it is not possible to do it this way.

Re: Extracting individual Ranged Cue as a SubClip 6 months, 3 weeks ago #211142

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 6 months, 3 weeks ago
My suggestion above doesn't work, because I'm referring to sequences. Sequences don't allow splitting by cue markers (only joining the pieces into one target) and it isn't possible to create subclips not based on cue markers which preserve already existing markers.

Sorry.

Re: Extracting individual Ranged Cue as a SubClip 6 months, 3 weeks ago #211143

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 6 months, 3 weeks ago
eugenetongue wrote:
I forgot to mention that my question concerns the LOG screen. I converted Ranged Cues from a single source Clip as SubClips in one shot and then just want to add and convert some more Range Cues to SubClips individually from the same Clip, fast and with automatic naming. But I suppose it is not possible to do it this way.

Yes, I think you are right. Splitting by colours of the range cue markers on the clip in LOG mode would be one possible solution, , but that doesn't exist, currently.

Re: Extracting individual Ranged Cue as a SubClip 6 months, 3 weeks ago #211149

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 6 months, 3 weeks ago
eugenetongue wrote:
.. then just want to add and convert some more Range Cues to SubClips individually from the same Clip ..

I think you could create subclips of subclips.

If you have already added the cue to the clip:
- Mark and park the area in your clip that contains your new range cue.
- Make a subclip from this range (not yet from the cue)
- Sort this subclip into a Bin (e.g. "Subclips level 1")
- Now make subclips from the cue of the level 1 subclip.
- Sort these new subclips into a new level 2 Bin)
- Sort both Bins into a Bin Group

But I didn't check it in detail for consistency because I usually create subclips manually.

When creating subclips from subclips, I think it makes more sense to add only a few cues in the original clip, which represent the length of the level 1 subclip. I would add more detailed cues only to the subclips, and there, if necessary, staggered by subclip levels, depending on their complexity:
- Mark & park the area (or/ and a range cue) in your clip where you want to add more range cues later.
- Make a subclip from this range (not yet from cue)
- Sort this subclip into a Bin (e.g. "Subclips level 1")
- Create your range cues in this level 1 subclip.
- Now make subclips from the cue of the level 1 subclip.
- Sort these new subclips into a new level 2 Bin)
- If necessary, add more detailed cues to these level 2 subclips ..
- Sort both Bins into a Bin Group
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Software: Lightworks 2020.1; || Windows 10, 64 Bit
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || shared RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)
Last Edit: 6 months, 3 weeks ago by schrauber.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds
Scroll To Top