Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: GoPro

GoPro 7 months ago #210567

• driverkelly
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 7 months ago
I am new to Lightworks and struggling to get off the ground with it. I have a Gopro 5 and its frame rate is 60fps I struggle to get clips to the editing stage. My question is what frame rate should I set Lightworks at and is Lightworks compatible with the Gopro.

Re: GoPro 7 months ago #210569

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 7 months ago
Hello,

Unfortunately, from your description it's by no means clear what the problem is and if just setting another frame rate would be an appropriate fix.

What kind of struggle is that, could you explain in more detail please?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: GoPro 7 months ago #210582

• driverkelly
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 7 months ago
The kind of struggle I am having is that I cannot get the program to load files into the editing section and as I am trying to get GoPro footage to edit I wondered if the frame rat of the GoPro was a problem as part of the set up asked what frame rate settings. Along with that small issue I have been unable to find any simple tutorials for beginners.
So that is what kind of struggle it is!!!!!!!! I was looking for an editing program to simply edit my footage as I want it but obviously I will have to continue looking.

Re: GoPro 7 months ago #210584

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 7 months ago
There has been issues with Go Pro footage in the past, not just with Lightworks it has come up with other NLEs, but such reports have been down recently.

Please follow the directions in this sticky, so that users can see the technical details of your Go Pro footage:
www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=23&id=66072&Itemid=81

Re: GoPro 7 months ago #210585

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 7 months ago
The simplest tutorial available for beginners is next to the download button of Lightworks, the Quick Start Guide. I copied a link to it below for you:

Many members of this form edit GoPro footage upto 4K with Lightworks successfully. All potential problems with valid recordings would be fixable.

However, from your reaction to my question, I suspect that you prefer looking for other software.

Good luck.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: GoPro 7 months ago #210629

• driverkelly
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 7 months ago
My reaction to your question is that you may have a good working knowledge of the program but when someone such as myself who has no working knowledge of your program or any other for that matter and is new to video editing and finds problems from the get go. A bit of understanding goes a long way. Firstly the quick guide for beginners as you put it is not a comprehensive introduction in that there is no explanation as to how to do simple things like getting footage into the program and then when something untoward happens like getting an indication that clips won’t load into the editing stage there is nowhere for guidance to overcome other than to go to the forum. In doing this I received in my opinion smart arse condensing answers that were of less than zero help. My conclusion is that if that is the attitude of responders then I don’t want to be a part of it. It may be a good program but not under these circumstances.

Re: GoPro 7 months ago #210631

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 7 months ago
Driverkelly, you obviously are extremely unhappy, however I don't think the users here have treated you with any sort of contempt. I do know that at least one is using a language that is not his own, and that can lead to misunderstandings. Whether that has caused your unhappiness or not I cannot say.

The import problems that you describe can usually be addressed in Lightworks, but to know what to suggest we need to know a little more about your GoPro footage. Moderator briandrys provided a link to a post that gives you details of the information that we need and how to obtain and supply it.

I notice that you are using beta software. That may be the cause of your problem. Public beta software is released so that experienced users can find bugs. It isn't a good idea to download it to be first with the latest unless you are prepared to put up with those bugs.

Now, as for tutorials: There are a large number of tutorials available under the "Tutorials" tab at the top of this page. If you prefer not to use them, the users here are helpful and friendly. However emoticons expressing fury won't encourage friendliness or persuade people to help you.

Re: GoPro 7 months ago #210638

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 7 months ago
This thread has links to unofficial videos, which break down the operations more.

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=26&id=179615&Itemid=81#179615

The User Guide, which can be found under download > documentation may assist if you prefer using that method.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds
Scroll To Top