Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Media and Sequences offline

Re: Media and Sequences offline 3 months, 1 week ago #217324

• Stillman10
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
All the clips are there. But, somehow I can't see the Bins that I created.

Re: Media and Sequences offline 3 months, 1 week ago #217325

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
The metadata of the bin structure are in the associated G-folder, 'G00P0015'. Moving it, with Lightworks shut down, from '..\LES NUBIANS\' on K: to '..\Projects\P00P0015' on C: should fix the problem.

Establishing the project space in the project folder has created 3 folders and 2 files which are obsolete. They will do no harm, but for good order, you can delete them:

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 3 months, 1 week ago by hugly.

Re: Media and Sequences offline 3 months, 1 week ago #217328

• Stillman10
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
I moved the G00P0015 folder before your edit from K to C:\Users\..\Projects\P00P0015. Then, I opened Lightworks, still no Bins.
Now, there is already a G00P0015 folder in C:\Users\..\Projects that has only 1 file in it. Should I delete that folder and transfer the newly moved G00P0015 to C:\Users\..\Projects?

Also, in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Lightworks\Projects\P00P0015: G0001000 is empty (that's fine), but P0001000 has 2 folders in it. I can see DefNetDrive, but I don't see the second file and there are too many other files. Should I still delete the folders and the file that you mentioned?

Re: Media and Sequences offline 3 months, 1 week ago #217336

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
Sorry for specifying the wrong folder initially and thank you for not blindly proceeding.

Prior to proceeding, since we are very close to the destination already, make a copy of the folder 'C:\Users\Public\Documents\Lightworks\Projects' and move it to a safe place.

If DefNetDrive.txt doesn't exist, fine. You can delete the folders and files specified in the screenshot of my last post from C:\Users\..\Projects\P00P0015, because they are useless there. However, it will do no harm, other than increasing potential confusion, if you leave them where they are.

We could stop here now, because re-creating a bin shouldn't take that long from within Lightworks, but since we've started trying to restore the bin structure, one final try: With Lightworks shut down, remove the G-folder C:\Users\..\Projects\G00P0015. Then move the folder C:\Users\..\Projects\P00P0015\G00P0015 to its parent directory C:\Users\..\Projects\. Start Lightworks and see if the bin is restored. If it isn't, re-create it manually.

Edit: Just to clarify, at the end both folders, G00P0015 and P00P0015, must reside next to each other in C:\Users\..\Projects\, i.e. ..\Projects\G00P0015 and ..\Projects\P00P0015.
Last Edit: 3 months, 1 week ago by hugly.

Re: Media and Sequences offline 3 months, 1 week ago #217347

• Stillman10
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
Okay hugly! I made a copy of the folder 'C:\Users\Public\Documents\Lightworks\Projects' and moved it my new storage drive.

Stillman10 wrote:

Also, in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Lightworks\Projects\P00P0015: G0001000 is empty (that's fine), but P0001000 has 2 folders in it. I can see DefNetDrive, but I don't see the second file and there are too many other files. Should I still delete the folders and the file that you mentioned?

I meant P0001000 has 2 files in it. There is a DefNetDrive file which is a Text Document. But, I don't see the Last.Version.Used.txt file.

I will now delete from C:\Users\Public\Documents\Lightworks\Projects\P00P0015 the following elements: G0001000, P0001000, Resources and DefNetDrive.
Then, I will execute the rest of the instructions.

Re: Media and Sequences offline 3 months, 1 week ago #217352

• Stillman10
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
We did it hugly! I didn't have to re-create the bins. Everything is fine.
Should I start now with the Demo Project?

Thank you so much!
Last Edit: 3 months, 1 week ago by Stillman10. Reason: Specification

Re: Media and Sequences offline 3 months, 1 week ago #217355

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
My pleasure!

Let me know how it goes with the Demo project and if you can find any of your missing projects folders.

Re: Media and Sequences offline 3 months, 1 week ago #217357

• Stillman10
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
Sure! I will look again for my second project.
The attachment below shows what's left of it in the project configuration. The folders G0001000, P0001000 and Resources are empty. The folder Material only has MOV files in it. The folder Sound has MOV and MP3 files in it. And the Project Location is in the C Drive according to DefNetDrive, but I'm not too sure about that. I know I messed up this project too.

Thank you again. I appreciate you!
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Media and Sequences offline 3 months, 1 week ago #217358

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
This folder shows the same problem as 'LES NUBIANS'. It appears as a project space merged with a media location, but in this case no user project is present, 'G0001000', 'P0001000' are automatically created system folder which exist in all project spaces and do not represent any user project.

Have a look into the app Everything, mentioned earlier. A search on the entire file system for '.odb' or '.ed5' files will reveal all existing Lightworks project folders.

Re: Media and Sequences offline 3 months, 1 week ago #217362

• Stillman10
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
Yes, I will look into this app.
Thanks!

Re: Media and Sequences offline 3 months, 1 week ago #217363

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
Just to clarify, it's allowed to merge a project space (which can contain many projects) with a media location (which is part of an internal media space) in a parent folder of any name and work with it. However, personally I find this construction quite confusing and prefer separated parent folders, because they represent quite different objects in terms of internal dependencies, functions and meaningful backup strategies.
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds
Scroll To Top