Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Media and Sequences offline

Re: Media and Sequences offline 3 months, 1 week ago #217307

• Stillman10
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
Nothing changed. And before I restarted Lightworks, I got a message saying there is nothing to move for all the media are already in the destination drive. So, I will go ahead and remove the media location 'LES NUBIANS'.

Re: Media and Sequences offline 3 months, 1 week ago #217308

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
Did you read the explanation in my last post about what the entry under the column 'Media Location' means? Does it make sense?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Media and Sequences offline 3 months, 1 week ago #217309

• Stillman10
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
Yes I did. It does. We are good to go! But, I don't understand why the Sound Media Location shows Media-> C. Could it be because, as you said the MP3 files were transcoded silently by Lightworks into WAV, and Lightworks saved the WAV files directly into the C Drive?
Now what about the project location, should we change it to its default location in C?
Last Edit: 3 months, 1 week ago by Stillman10.

Re: Media and Sequences offline 3 months, 1 week ago #217310

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
Look at that path and you'll see that it points to the 'Sound' folder of the internal media location (which is a system folder of Lightworks, nothing where you would place your original media on, hopefully). If you didn't transcode/copy on import, this indicates the silent transcoding of MP3 I mentioned earlier.

Could you show the contents of the folder "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Lightworks\Projects", please?

Re: Media and Sequences offline 3 months, 1 week ago #217311

• Stillman10
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
Sure! I understand better now.
Please see the attachment.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Media and Sequences offline 3 months, 1 week ago #217312

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
I hoped to see some of your missing projects - nothing there, unfortunately.

To bring your project and the local project space to the default location:

1. With Lighwork shut down, move the folder 'P00P0015' from the folder 'LES NUBIANS' to 'C:\Users\Public\Documents\Lightworks\Projects'.

2. In Lightworks, right-click on 'Local projects', select 'Project Spaces.Manage', under 'Private' change 'Location' to 'C:\Users\Public\Documents\Lightworks\Projects\' and you should see your current project. Open it and check if everything looks as expected.

Now you can download the Demo Project, unpack it and restore it using 'Restore an archived project..' up left on the start screen. The media of the demo project will be copied local, as all backups with included media, but it's not that large, 500 MB or so.
Last Edit: 3 months, 1 week ago by hugly.

Re: Media and Sequences offline 3 months, 1 week ago #217314

• Stillman10
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
Before, I apply the instructions.
When you say move, do you mean cut and paste, or just move?
Just to let you know, I have a second project which I also messed up, when I created it. Reason why you didn't see it.

Thank you!

Re: Media and Sequences offline 3 months, 1 week ago #217315

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
Cut and paste, or move with the mouse, or from the command line of cmd.exe, whatever moves the folder from here to there and feels comfortable.

Assuming that you haven't deleted the projects somehow, the ".ed5" file extension is more or less unique to Lightworks files, also ".odb" isn't that common nowadays. Both are present in Lightworks project folders. I use the free search tool Everything (www.voidtools.com/) all day long on currently nearly 1.8 million files on my local file system. It uses an index created on the fly over all connected NTFS volumes and the tool is very, very fast.

Re: Media and Sequences offline 3 months, 1 week ago #217316

• Stillman10
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
I'm sorry, but I'm lost. Nothing happens when I try to open the project which is P00P0015, right? Also, the project tile disappeared.
Last Edit: 3 months, 1 week ago by Stillman10.

Re: Media and Sequences offline 3 months, 1 week ago #217317

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
Based on the information I can see on your screenshots its "P00P0015". Only you know if there are multiple of those on different locations.

Create a new project, on the panel'Project.Details' click on the path next to 'Location', the explorer opens, copy and paste the path with your response.

Re: Media and Sequences offline 3 months, 1 week ago #217318

• Stillman10
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
hugly wrote:

Create a new project, on the panel'Project.Details' click on the path next to 'Location', the explorer opens, copy and paste the path with your response.

I'm sorry hugly if I upset you. I already cut/pasted P00P0015, which means it's the only one in my computer in C Drive.
Creating a new project doesn't work for me.

hugly wrote:
2. In Lightworks, right-click on 'Local projects', select 'Project Spaces.Manage', under 'Private' change 'Location' to 'C:\Users\Public\Documents\Lightworks\Projects\' and you should see your current project. Open it and check if everything looks as expected.

Please see the attachment for after I followed the above step.

Please
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Media and Sequences offline 3 months, 1 week ago #217319

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
The mistake happend when managing the project location.

You've defined the local project space within the project folder P00P0015. Your project space is not \"..\Lightworks\Projects\" as it should be, but "..\Lightworks\Projects\P00P0015\"

Have a closer look, do you see it? If you see it, do what the quote says and it should work.

Re: Media and Sequences offline 3 months, 1 week ago #217321

• Stillman10
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
Yes I can see the project space like the attachment shows. But when I click 'Ok' to open it, it goes back to 'Project Space.Manage.Private'. That's the problem I have.

Re: Media and Sequences offline 3 months, 1 week ago #217322

• Stillman10
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
No worries. It worked.
I had to select C:\Users\Documents\Lightworks\Projects and then clic 'Ok' as you said before.

Thanks a lot for your patience. I appreciate you!

Re: Media and Sequences offline 3 months, 1 week ago #217323

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
I assume that you see the tile of your project now in the project space 'Local Files'. If so, you can close the panel by clicking on the symbol 'X' up right of the panel, or just by opening your project with a double-click on its tile in order to inspect its contents.
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds
Scroll To Top