• 3 months, 1 week ago
Do you mean like: 'Bin Commands.Media.Move to.'
Or is it something else?

Re: Media and Sequences offline 3 months, 1 week ago #217291

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
Yes exactly.

It applies to selected clips in a bin or a filter. It is supposed to move internally stored media related assets (sound and video, transcoded and copied media, link files and proxies) within the internal media space from one location to another. That's a way to consolidate internal media spread over multiple media locations to a single one.

After selecting all clips in 'Filters.Clips' executing 'Media.Move to' and selecting the media location on C: the function should bring all assets to the default location and you should be able to remove the media location on K: from the panel without doing any harm to the linkage.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 3 months, 1 week ago by hugly.

Re: Media and Sequences offline 3 months, 1 week ago #217292

• Stillman10
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
Okay, let's do it then!

'Bin Commands.Media.Selection.Select all'
'Bin Commands.Media.Move to.Media.C'

Right?

Re: Media and Sequences offline 3 months, 1 week ago #217293

• Stillman10
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
Please find attached the message that I got.
Looks like everything went fine.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Media and Sequences offline 3 months, 1 week ago #217294

• Stillman10
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
So, I should now remove the media location on K, right?
Please let me know before I do it.

Thanks!

Re: Media and Sequences offline 3 months, 1 week ago #217295

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
Yes basically.. Referring to your screenshot, the list will show 'Media' and 'LES 'NUBIANS', 'Media' is the one to choose.

Prior to doing this, under 'Filters.Clips' switch to list view and see if there are any media offline. The column 'Media Location' indicates offline media with a path shown in red letters. If there are any, I'd suggest relinking them prior to moving the media location (although that isn't mandatory, it helps in the next step to decide if something went wrong).

After moving, remove 'LES 'NUBIANS' from the panel 'Media.Locations' restart Lightworks and check 'Media Location' again.

Re: Media and Sequences offline 3 months, 1 week ago #217297

• Stillman10
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
I don't have a column 'Media Location' in list view. I don't see any media offline, but how do I add this column?

Thanks!

Re: Media and Sequences offline 3 months, 1 week ago #217298

• Stillman10
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
I got it. Strangely, it shows that I have the video media in the K location. While the sound media are in the C location. No media is offline.

Re: Media and Sequences offline 3 months, 1 week ago #217299

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
In the list view, right-click onto the columns headline. From 'View Commands' select 'Columns.Customize', search for 'Media Location' in the list and enable it, drag it with the mouse to the desired position in the list and click 'Use'.

Since those customized settings are local to the project, it might be prudent to save them as a preset for use in other projects or just to have more options.

Re: Media and Sequences offline 3 months, 1 week ago #217300

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
Stillman10 wrote:
Strangely, it shows that I have the video media in the K location. While the sound media are in the C location. No media is offline.
Before or after moving?

Re: Media and Sequences offline 3 months, 1 week ago #217301

• Stillman10
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
I can't say if it was like that before, because I found this out after I set the Media Location column.

Re: Media and Sequences offline 3 months, 1 week ago #217302

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
If multiple media locations are present in the internal media space (read: on the panel), with default settings, Lightworks decides where to place the files on import. The logic isn't known. Beside of that, MP3 audio is silently converted to WAV on import with V14.5 and earlier, the logic for this hidden function might differ from the regular logic. There's a switch to select the media location for subsequent imports on the 'Import Commands' panel in 'Local Files'. Default is 'Auto' (read: I don't care much about what you do).

What I don't understand, if you have executed 'Media.Move to>Media', everything should appear under 'Media' on C:, nothing on K:.

Re: Media and Sequences offline 3 months, 1 week ago #217303

• Stillman10
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
I know you're right. Should I try to move the media again? In the meantime, please see the attachment that illustrate what I'm talking about.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Media and Sequences offline 3 months, 1 week ago #217305

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
No. Move all again to 'Media' on C:, restart Lightworks and check the media locations again.

Re: Media and Sequences offline 3 months, 1 week ago #217306

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
Oops.

Everything is in good order. I just missed looking at your screenshot, prior to posting the above.

Remove the media location 'LES NUBILES' from 'Media.Locations' and you should be fine.

'Media -> K:\someFolder\' in the list means, the original footage is linked and resides on 'K:\someFolder\', the link file is stored on the media location 'Media'.
Time to create page: 0.40 seconds
Scroll To Top