Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Exporting on Lightworks

Exporting on Lightworks 3 weeks, 2 days ago #205365

Hello,
I am having trouble exporting a finished edited project.
I'm not sure if it is my machine or the files, but I am able to watch it fine in the program.

I was wondering if any of you would be willing to help me.
I could send you the backup file. If you would be able to export it in mp4 format, I would graciously tip you 5 bucks.

Please let me know.

Re: Exporting on Lightworks 3 weeks, 2 days ago #205367

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 weeks, 2 days ago
Hello,

5 bucks are far below my the rate for 10 minutes, but I'll do for free, if it's possible. Upload the archive including all media to wetransfer.com/ because it's fast and post a link with your reply. If the total size exceeds 2GB, which is the limit on wetransfer for free uploads, use a file sharing service of your choice.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 3 weeks, 2 days ago by hugly.

Re: Exporting on Lightworks 3 weeks, 1 day ago #205409

Hello, Hugly,

thank you so much for your help.
Here is a link from wetransfer.com as you suggested:
we.tl/t-0mszeSJfL8

Re: Exporting on Lightworks 3 weeks, 1 day ago #205419

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 weeks, 1 day ago
Unfortunately, the archive doesn't include any media.

When creating the archive you have to enable the switches 'Include linked media' and 'Include local media' to include imported media. Furthermore, you have to copy manually all images used in 'Image' and 'Image key' effects into a folder and place it into the archive, because the regular archive/backup function doesn't include those images.

Re: Exporting on Lightworks 3 weeks ago #205451

Hello, Hugly,

I have redone the archive folder and included all the image media in a separate folder titled 'media images'.
Here is the link we.tl/t-oCo1npRXO4

Thank you again for your help! I really appreciate it. As you can tell, I'm fairly new to using Lightworks so all of this is a learning curve to me.

Re: Exporting on Lightworks 3 weeks ago #205453

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 weeks ago
That looks much better.

As far as I can see, you use just one image with the Image/Image key' effect, that's 'archi watermark.png' on FX1. It's missing. Could you zip and attach it with your response?

Re: Exporting on Lightworks 3 weeks ago #205455

Yes, the only image I used with image key effect was archi watermark.png
Here is the missing file as a .zip
I used WeTransfer because I couldn't figure out how to attach a direct file on here...
we.tl/t-ucUEPGq8Zc

Re: Exporting on Lightworks 3 weeks ago #205457

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 weeks ago
Exported successfully to 720p24 and uploaded to wetransfer: we.tl/t-b1ayb9YrFu

Referring to the problem you've reported about in the other thread, I see that your media appear to be collected from various sources whithout conforming to some internal standard. On larger projects, this approach can cause a lot of problems.

Re: Exporting on Lightworks 3 weeks ago #205462

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 weeks ago
I see that you've deleted some of your posts, I answer nevertheless:

I don't know exactly what causes the trouble when exporting on your machine and we should discuss that after fixing the problem with the exported file.

I can't see any missing media. The reason for missing chroma keys might be that I touched the sequence for some tests, disabled some effects and probably forgot to reset. Furthermore, I converted the watermark, because it caused trouble, without taking care of the transparency.

I see only one blue screen which doesn't work, starting at 00:03:52+14. Do you see more?

Re: Exporting on Lightworks 3 weeks ago #205463

I downloaded the video successfully and it looks alright!
The watermark .png image was supposed to have a transparent background, but for some reason I see it didn't render that way on export.

I watched the video through again, and, yes, there is only one blue screen on there. I think I can just load the .mp4 video into lightworks again and make an extra video track underneath it where I can put the video that is supposed to show through the blue screen.

Usually when I create a project, I just drag and drop my media as I go.
What should I do to avoid this problem for next time?

Sorry for deleting the previous messages, I just wanted to make sure what I said was correct and thought I ought to double check.
Last Edit: 3 weeks ago by mrarchiboldgrimm. Reason: addition

Re: Exporting on Lightworks 3 weeks ago #205464

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 weeks ago
The blue screen at 00:03:52+14 is missing and I vanished transparency on the watermark, so I will redo the export and you have one correction run free, if you wish. To pass some corrections on the sequence, an archive without media is sufficient.

Re: Exporting on Lightworks 3 weeks ago #205465

Hugly, if you could help me fix those things and re-export it, I would greatly appreciate it!

Should I resend the archive?

Re: Exporting on Lightworks 3 weeks ago #205466

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 weeks ago
Uploading the export takes most of the time. If you don't need any change, I can export based on the existing archive, with a transparent watermark and the blue screen at 00:03:52+14 fixed.

But, take your time and watch the current export for other things to correct. If you see or hear something, correct it in your sequence and when finished create an archive without media (disable all 'Include ..') and send it.

Re: Exporting on Lightworks 3 weeks ago #205467

I reviewed the current export which you sent before. Everything is fine except the blue screen problem at 00:03:52+14 and the transparency of the watermark's background.

It is ready for export once those two things are fixed.

Re: Exporting on Lightworks 3 weeks ago #205468

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 weeks ago
You might not have noticed that I added an audio fade-out at the very end to get rid of some sudden noise. Is this is fade-out ok for you.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds
Scroll To Top