Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How to make text appear one by one, timing it?

How to make text appear one by one, timing it? 10 months, 3 weeks ago #205067

• DuhonTheGuy
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 10 months, 3 weeks ago
I want to make an effect where the words appear one by one, and the phrase is formed like that. For example, the very start of this video I just watched:

Help?

Re: How to make text appear one by one, timing it? 10 months, 3 weeks ago #205068

• DuhonTheGuy
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 10 months, 3 weeks ago
Ignore the rest of the video, all I want is the effect at the start

Re: How to make text appear one by one, timing it? 10 months, 3 weeks ago #205072

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 10 months, 3 weeks ago
There are several ways to do this, but you will need to be up to speed with effects. Perhaps the simplest is to create your fill text and lay it out the way that you want it over the background for the full duration of the time that you need it on screen. Then go back to where you want the last word to cut on and press the c key to create a cut in the timeline. Open the title settings prior to that point and remove the last word. Repeat the process until you have everything that you need popping on one word at a time.

It gets a little more complex if you have used text centring when you've created your title because you will have to adjust the text position each time you remove a word. If you use more than one line of text with centring you will also need to lay out your text in separate titles for each line to do this.

Re: How to make text appear one by one, timing it? 10 months, 3 weeks ago #205074

• DuhonTheGuy
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 10 months, 3 weeks ago
Thanks!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds
Scroll To Top