Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: What's the best set-up to make sure Lightworks doesn't crash my computer?

Re: What's the best set-up to make sure Lightworks doesn't crash my computer? 4 months ago #197338

• Eboreg2
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 months ago
The image keys don't seem to be creating that much of a system load but when I say the explosion sequences are "small" and I want to put separate parts of them in different "positions" I don't mean on the timeline but rather in terms of the window-space on the actual video. In other words, I'm talking about "size" and "position" spatially, not temporally.

Re: What's the best set-up to make sure Lightworks doesn't crash my computer? 4 months ago #197343

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 months ago
Eboreg2 wrote:
.. but rather in terms of the window-space on the actual video. In other words, I'm talking about "size" and "position" spatially, not temporally.

OK.

Before further testing, I would recommend a project backup.

If some of the short videos are inserted with identical timing (without frame offset), then you only need one of these video segments. You can simply use multiple outputs from this segment in the effect routing, and connect them to multiple effects. Then Lightworks needs to decode less media files. However, this should normally be more about CPU usage.

To examine the high memory usage, I would first create a copy of the sequence (right-click, Make> Copy).
After creating the copy, select it from the "Project Content Filter" "Sequences", and double-click to enable this copy for editing.
In this copy, I would first remove the entire segment in V7 and test RAM usage.
If necessary, restart Lightworks before new tests to bring the memory usage to normal.

If the RAM usage without V7 is still very high, I would step by step remove effects and segments in the other tracks. If memory usage is still high at this position when the timeline is empty, then the sequence file itself is probably corrupted.

More ideas for testing:
- Create a new test project and import and test the short videos there while observing the memory usage.

Convert the short files with another program as suggested by "huply". Use this file and see if the memory usage changes.
If you are allowed to publish these short files here in the forum, then we can examine this file and convert it for you and post here.
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Windows 10, 64 Bit
Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz) ; Intel HD Graphics 4600
Last Edit: 4 months ago by schrauber.

Re: What's the best set-up to make sure Lightworks doesn't crash my computer? 4 months ago #197348

• Eboreg2
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 months ago
Memory seems to be able to handle both V7 and the short clips independently, just not when they're used together.
Last Edit: 4 months ago by Eboreg2.

Re: What's the best set-up to make sure Lightworks doesn't crash my computer? 4 months ago #197351

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 months ago
To simplify the analysis, based on the sheer amount of interacting effects you show, your setup has brought the system into a critical state. Beside of that, with the Image/Image key, as soon keyframes are used for scaling, memory consumption can increase under certain condition. This is true even with one single image key.

I don't understand the purpose of your effects setup, but maybe you can find a way to simplify it?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: What's the best set-up to make sure Lightworks doesn't crash my computer? 4 months ago #197353

• Eboreg2
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 months ago
I'm basically just getting a bunch of still images and having them fly around the screen in various ways. And I mean a LOT of still images. I'm rather new to this and I really can't think of a way to simplify the process.

Re: What's the best set-up to make sure Lightworks doesn't crash my computer? 4 months ago #197357

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 months ago
If the images are to be visible one at a time, and not all at once, then you should cut the V7 segment into shorter segments, removing all image effects that are not needed at the time. You'll probably have to make a few more adjustments in detail (adjust connections in the routing tab?).
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Windows 10, 64 Bit
Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz) ; Intel HD Graphics 4600

Re: What's the best set-up to make sure Lightworks doesn't crash my computer? 4 months ago #197360

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 months ago
I don't know the dimensions of your images. Beside of breaking down into segments as suggested, try down-scaling your images to final display size with third party software instead of scaling with the Image effect. The larger your images are, compared to final display size, the larger the impact to memory consumption will be.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 4 months ago by hugly.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds
Scroll To Top