Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Remove black at end of timeline.

Remove black at end of timeline. 1 month, 1 week ago #194310

• tyrex88
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Tyler Dennis, Producer/Director
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
After 2 days of searching for how to remove the excess black (blank space) after my last clip in the sequence, and only finding "mark & park, then delete", I found out this does not work. At least not with out CLOSE GAP.

So, delete and close gap or simply close gap... works nicely.
Oh and be sure to have all tracks enabled!

Happy trimming!
"Bagheera"
Win 10(64), Lightworks 14.5
i7, 16GB, Kingston SSD's
EVGA GeForce GT 1030 - 2GB
Alesis iO|2, RA-100, Point Seven
Contour ShuttlePRO v2
Last Edit: 1 month, 1 week ago by tyrex88.

Re: Remove black at end of timeline. 1 month, 1 week ago #194313

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
Hello,

Mark (I-key) and Park (move the timline marker) and delete (X-key) would be another way to do it.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Remove black at end of timeline. 1 month, 1 week ago #194316

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
tyrex88 wrote:
After 2 days of searching for how to remove the excess black (blank space) after my last clip in the sequence, and only finding "mark & park, then delete", I found out this does not work.

It does work if you have all tracks enabled when you do it. The word "delete" doesn't refer to the delete key on the keyboard, but the delete button on the Lightworks console. As hugly says, that corresponds to the "x" key on the keyboard, although I believe that may change soon.

Re: Remove black at end of timeline. 1 month, 1 week ago #194319

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
jwrl wrote:
As hugly says, that corresponds to the "x" key on the keyboard, although I believe that may change soon.

Changing too many things could make the Lightworks keyboard obsolescent because the keys no longer match the default key assignments. It seems to have happened the arrows when you have the Shuttle Pro with the Lightworks settings.

I assume the intention would be to change the current delete assignment of "project browser" to delete, while also keeping "x" for delete, otherwise the logical layout of the keyboard shortcuts would be upset.

Re: Remove black at end of timeline. 1 month, 1 week ago #194320

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
I think, one thing (of maybe more) to be addressed is the global 'character' of some commands, in particular Delete. For example: With a marked section on the timeline, select some clips in content browser and press <delete>-key (which a new user would try first to delete clips). This deletes the marked section in the timeline, even if the focus is on a source viewer.

Edit: Just recognized, this particular issue's been already addressed.
The announcement from January referring to upcoming V14.6 beta says:
Added better Keyboard shortcut handling of using standard keyboard shortcuts ie, pressing Delete deletes clips
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 month, 1 week ago by hugly.

Re: Remove black at end of timeline. 1 month, 1 week ago #194324

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
You don't need to remove the black in the timeline when exporting, you can select to ignore the leading/trailing black as part of the export menu. This seems to be the default setting/

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Exporting the excess black used to be a common question, now it's not that common.

Re: Remove black at end of timeline. 1 month, 1 week ago #194426

• tyrex88
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Tyler Dennis, Producer/Director
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
Ahh, thanks. That would explain it.
I'm using a ContourShuttle Pro and was setting up my keys and using the "Delete" key.

The reason eliminating that gap was important to me was that I have a keystroke/Contour button that jumps to the end of the last clip in the timeline and it was instead going to the end of the timeline.

Love the fact that LWKS allows you to modify keystrokes. My SP setup is completely customized and makes things much quicker.
"Bagheera"
Win 10(64), Lightworks 14.5
i7, 16GB, Kingston SSD's
EVGA GeForce GT 1030 - 2GB
Alesis iO|2, RA-100, Point Seven
Contour ShuttlePRO v2
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds
Scroll To Top