Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Playing a video import is choppy in lightworks. Are my specs too low to run it?.

Re: Playing a video import is choppy in lightworks. Are my specs too low to run it?. 6 years, 9 months ago #19158

• khaver
  • Pro User
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 6 years, 9 months ago
If you're a VirtualDub user, here's the best thing since sliced bread. The FFinputdriver. This is an input driver that uses the ffmpeg code. Just about any file ffmpeg can open you can open in VirtualDub. Also converts the audio to wave format.

Just found this driver so I haven't had a chance to test many video formats, but it did open my HDV m2t files. Will continue to check other formats.

FFinputdriver
Work Comp: Retired!
Home Comp: Newer! Bigger! Faster!
Send me a tip: paypal.me/4khaver
Last Edit: 6 years, 9 months ago by khaver.

Re: Playing a video import is choppy in lightworks. Are my specs too low to run it?. 6 years, 9 months ago #19161

• myso
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 6 years, 9 months ago
frandesouza wrote:
You can use VirtualDub with the wmv plugin.
read this:
www.videohelp.com/tools/Virtualdub-MPEG2

khaver wrote:
If you're a VirtualDub user, here's the best thing since sliced bread. The FFinputdriver. This is an input driver that uses the ffmpeg code. Just about any file ffmpeg can open you can open in VirtualDub. Also converts the audio to wave format.

Just found this driver so I haven't had a chance to test many video formats, but it did open my HDV m2t files. Will continue to check other formats.

FFinputdriver

I had been trying to use virtualdub 1.9.11 previously with little success. I kept getting 'missing codec' and 'no audio compressor' errors.

Now you are linking me to a 32 bit 1.6.19 version. Considering I run Win7 64. Is this a better version.
Should I be using a 64 bit version of the the 1.6.19 version.

What is everything I need to make virtual dub run and open wmv files? I've tried the wmv plugin in 1.9 and I still got missing codec and compressor errors.

I've just tried the 32bit 1.6 version with the ffinputdriver khaver linked to and I still get the 'no audio compressor' error.
Last Edit: 6 years, 9 months ago by myso.

Re: Playing a video import is choppy in lightworks. Are my specs too low to run it?. 3 years, 9 months ago #86935

• Anerley4U
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 years, 9 months ago
I'm having the same issues.

I need help bad. The picture motion/playback is so much slower than the audio - there is a delay somewhere. I can't even get past this step in order to edit my videos. I need my face motion to match the speed of my voice. I downloaded the 32-bit for Windows 7 on their website and even tried the 62-bit and the same thing happened. I use my Note which saves the files as mp4 and the format is 1080p, AVCHD. I've tried transcode it in so many different formats and nothing works -- please help if possble??

Computer specs are:
Windows 7 Home Premium / Service Pack 1

System: Toshiba
Model: Satellite C655D
Processor: AMD C-50 Processor 1.00GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 3.00GB (2.60 BG usable)
System type: 64-bit Operating System

Hope this helps? Do you need additional information?

Re: Playing a video import is choppy in lightworks. Are my specs too low to run it?. 3 years, 9 months ago #86945

• frandesouza
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 years, 9 months ago
It would help if you post the MediaInfo of one of your files so others can see what you are trying to edit.

For what I've read, your material probably has a variable frame rate and/or audio with sampling rate and/or bit depth non standard for a NLE.

Also, your system specs could be a bottleneck for HD editing, so maybe you might want to try editing with proxies, either with LW's workflow or with Eyeframe Converter.
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit - Service Pack 1
Intel Core i7 3770 3.4GHz - 16GB RAM DDR3
MoBo: Asus P8H77-M - Graphics: Geforce GT630 2GB DDR3
HDD: WD 500GB SATA II (system drive) + WD 1TB SATA II Black Edition (work drive)
LG M-Disc ready CD/DVD burner.
Audio: Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & Behringer MS16 monitor speakers
Contour Design Shuttle Pro v2
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds
Scroll To Top