Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lost Sequence - Please Help !

Lost Sequence - Please Help ! 2 weeks ago #189062

• mb387
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 weeks ago
Hi folks,

Newbie to Lightworks/ the forum, so apologies in advance for what probably appears very stupid to most of you.

I've accidentally deleted a sequence and lost a lot of edited work. There are some files (.ed5) files saved in the folder: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Lightworks\Projects\xxxxx with a recent date/time (close to when I deleted the sequence). If there any way to salvage this and get the original sequence back?

Huge thanks in advance.

MB

Re: Lost Sequence - Please Help ! 2 weeks ago #189063

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 2 weeks ago
Welcome to the forum.

Where did you delete the sequence? Was in within Lightworks or at operating system level?

However, you may find that you've just closed it, because you get warnings if you delete. If so, the sequence may be in the sequences filter at the top of the content manager on the left side. It may also be in everything filter..

Re: Lost Sequence - Please Help ! 2 weeks ago #189064

• mb387
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 weeks ago
Hi, thanks for you time.

I deleted it from the 'project contents > sequences tab'. I think I clicked 'Yes' in the warning dialog box that comes up after too.... I thought I was deleting a different sequence.

Am I on to a loser here.....?

Again, thanks for any input.

Re: Lost Sequence - Please Help ! 2 weeks ago #189065

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks ago
Leave the project, right-click on the tile, select "Restore item(s) from backups..", on the panel switch to "Deleted". It should show the deleted sequence, by name, date and cookie, select it, click on "Restore", enter your project and it should be there. It's magic.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 2 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: Lost Sequence - Please Help ! 2 weeks ago #189066

• mb387
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 weeks ago
Hugly.... you have just saved my life (well approx 4 days work).
Thank you very much indeed !
Have a great rest of the weekend...!

Re: Lost Sequence - Please Help ! 2 weeks ago #189067

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 2 weeks ago
It's best not deleting anything, you're not saving much disc space, since the sequence only exists as a log, so is extremely small in data terms.

That sounds like the content manager.

Have a look in the projects browser (where Lightworks opens). Try using the restore sequences function there.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds
Scroll To Top