Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: clips not analyzed

clips not analyzed 3 weeks ago #188622

• sven.bade
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 weeks ago
Lightworks does analyse some clips but not others although they are all from the same Canon camera (Legria LS306) with the same settings as well as video and audio format. Hence I can only import those clips into the project which are analysed. The strange thing is that I already had imported some of the clips before which now are not analyzed anymore. I had deleted the initial project because it did not take the last clip I needed. I wanted to try again from the beginning. Now the situation is worse than before. When trying to import by double clicking on the clip tile (which was not analysed) Lightwork freezes and does not respond anymore. I am using a MacBook (2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8 GB memory, Mac OS 10.13.2 High Sierra). What can I do to edit this movie? (I need the result soon). What confuses me a bit is that the info about Lightworks shows Version: 1.0 although I have downloaded and installed it in October 2018 and in the forum´s conversations I find hints to version 14.5.

Re: clips not analyzed 3 weeks ago #188623

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 weeks ago
Hello,

First, a Core Duo is far beyond recommended specs, but I suspect you know that.

If you still run V14.0, please download and install V14.5, because file analysis has been improved to some extend.

Is your MacBook equipped with SSD or hard drive? A hard drive and folders with too many videos might be part of the problem.

If V14.5 doesn't fix the issue, please post a Mediainfo report of your footage. Here you'll find information on how to create and post Mediainfo reports.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 3 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: clips not analyzed 3 weeks ago #188626

• sven.bade
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 weeks ago
Thank you for answering.

Yes, I know that Core Duo is beyond recommended specs. But I have successfully finished some projects even with higher resolution movie from a Fujifilm X10 camera.

I use a SSD drive.

How can I find out which version of Lightworks I am using?
When I get the information from the MacOS Finder (application folder - Lightworks - cmd i) it shows Version: 1.0 and the date of modification: Monday, 3. April 2017. When running Lightworks I don´t find a version #

When installing a new version, would I loose my current projects? How could I save them?

Re: clips not analyzed 3 weeks ago #188629

• sven.bade
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 weeks ago
Now I have Lightworks 14.5 installed. Some of the original mpeg-2 video clips from the Canon Legria FS306 are still not analised (which were before, see above). Who has an idea which could help?

Re: clips not analyzed 3 weeks ago #188630

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 3 weeks ago
You should see the version on the project browser page (the one that Lightworks opens on). It'll be at the bottom centre in dark gray.

I suspect you'd remember if you've installed V14.5. since it only has recently been released. Lightworks doesn't automatically update.

Re: clips not analyzed 3 weeks ago #188681

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 weeks ago
sven.bade wrote:
Now I have Lightworks 14.5 installed. Some of the original mpeg-2 video clips from the Canon Legria FS306 are still not analised (which were before, see above). Who has an idea which could help?

You didn't post a Mediainfo report. Mediainfo could be helpful to understand the nature of your problem (beside of your underpowered machine). Do you have trouble creating a Mediainfo report?

Please try, move one file that isn't analyzed in a newly created (empty) folder, so the file is the only one residing there, navigate in Local Files to this folder and see what happens.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 3 weeks ago by hugly.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds
Scroll To Top