TOPIC: How to remove render files?

How to remove render files? 1 month ago #187908

• bartgee
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Hi,

LightWorks 14.5 Pro, Linux version.

I've been working on my project from some time and I've rendered some of the timeline segments containing effects. Just ended up with almost no space on my homedir. I've checked LightWorks' Media directory and it is 81GB:

$:~/Lightworks$ du -sh Media/*
81G Media/Material
86M Media/Sound

How to remove render files for that project? Is it also possible to remove render files for all project without opening every single project? I've already checked 14.5 User Guide and didn't find a solution.
Last Edit: 1 month ago by bartgee. Reason: grammar error

Re: How to remove render files? 1 month ago #187911

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Hello,

See if this video provides some answers, it refer to an earlier version but the basics should be the same:

It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: How to remove render files? 1 month ago #187921

• bartgee
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Thanks a lot - it helped! For the safety reasons, I've created a test project, added an effect a timeline segment and rendered it. Then tried to repeat the steps from the video tutorial. In 14.5 a submenu command is a bit different "delete this clip" or "Delete tagged items" (depending if you select one or more clips) instead of "Delete..." and a dialog box that pops out is different too, but I've managed to securely delete rendered clips from my project (every clip was imported with "create link" option).

Important step before removing rendered clips (to save up the disk space):

1. First you need to create a traced sequence (right click on the edit monitor or anywhere on the timeline and select "Make" -> "Traced sequence").

If you omit the above step - you'll end up with a sequence with offline media clips (for the clips that had rendered versions in the sequence).

2. Go to Clips in Media Browser window, click "Clips" -> "Rendered".
3. Select all clips with a mouse.
4. Right click anywhere inside the window and click "Delete tagged items" or "Delete this clip" (the latter is displayed when only one clip has been selected).

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

5. Select "Video/audio" option only!

6. Click "Yes, Delete" button.

The new traced sequence created in step 1. stays intact, but the original sequence contains clips with "media is offline" status, so don't forget to create a traced sequence before removing rendered clips.

If I've messed something, please correct me.

Anyone has a better or simpler solution for that problem?
Last Edit: 1 month ago by bartgee. Reason: a typo
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds
Scroll To Top