Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Is it possible to change the timecode of an existing cue?

Re: Is it possible to change the timecode of an existing cue? 2 weeks ago #185431

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks ago
There are timeline actions that trigger an update, but also those that do not.

Examples in the video (inserting new clip segments and moving segments with the mouse):
Edit, replaced wrong video:
This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Other than testing and confirming this with a sub-clip...

Quickly tested: Adding Cue to Subclips does not seem to trigger an update to the sequence timeline. (this workflow is not in the video). However, adding cue to clips seems to trigger what updates the entire timeline.
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Windows 10, 64 Bit
Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz) ; Intel HD Graphics 4600
Last Edit: 2 weeks ago by schrauber.

Re: Is it possible to change the timecode of an existing cue? 2 weeks ago #185436

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks ago
I would say, cue marker management isn't a particular strenght of Lightworks.

Others have moveable cue markers on track level, hyperlinks and other bells and whistles, but I would be happy if at least update of clip cues would work rock-solid which it doesn't. Looking forward to releases post V14.5 for that.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Is it possible to change the timecode of an existing cue? 1 week, 6 days ago #185438

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 1 week, 6 days ago
Having a look at Syncs and cue markers.
- A cue placed on a sync in an edit - is a standard edit cue - it appears instantly
- a cue placed on a popped out sync appears instantly on the tile but is not instantly transferred to the edit timeine (and elsewhere)
- the simplest way of revelling it is to cycle the - 'show clip cues' check box - just un-tick and re-tick it.

Seems like any action which triggers LW to update the state of the edit also revels the recalcitrant cue - so things like exiting/entering the room or project.

I note that otherwise a Cue made on a popped-out sync behaves as expected
- it is a clip cue not an edit cue
- the cue persists as a clip cue when a traced edit is made

LW Cue marker management largely does what it is designed to do - it would be better if cues made on syncs (and I'd guess other sublips) triggered a cue panel update without the need to cycle the 'show' command or otherwise manually force a project update.
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds
Scroll To Top