Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Working with VFX Text

Working with VFX Text 2 years, 3 months ago #173903

• thartnett19
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 years, 3 months ago
I have been using a lot of text in my first serious Lightworks project and can't find an easy way to duplicate a VFX text box I have applied to a clip.

While working with multiple lines of text on a single clip I have found it much easier to align and format it with individual VFX text elements for each line of text. this creates 20 or so VFX elements on a single clip which is totally fine, but making all of them is time wasted. I am looking for a way to create the first VFX text line, format it to the right font and size, then duplicate that element a number of times to then position them.

is this possible? I know of the ALT->Click and drag method for duplicating all of the VFX on a clip and bringing them to the same clip or another clip. so I suppose a way is to add the text to my clip, then use this drag method X number of times till i have the desired number.

Of course, all of the text boxes are then stacked on top of one another, and I have not found a way to click on only one of those boxes to drag it off of the others in the stack. the whole stack instead is moved. (probably also a noobie question on how to select the top most/single element on a stack)

thanks,
-TH

Re: Working with VFX Text 2 years, 3 months ago #173911

• thartnett19
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 years, 3 months ago
So far my workaround/solution has been to:

go into an empty section of the project
create my VFX text
use the Alt method to duplicate my text boxes
enter the appropriate text in each box
use alt drag to move vfx text mass into my clip
move text box mass off to side of clip where still accessible
toggle bypass off on all text boxes except the one i am moving
toggle bypass on for next one to move, etc

all in all not a bad solution so far
Last Edit: 2 years, 3 months ago by thartnett19. Reason: added step where text mass is moved onto clip for clarity
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds
Scroll To Top