Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Copy and Paste

Copy and Paste 1 year, 5 months ago #171528

• tictac570
  • Junior Boarder
  • 1 year, 5 months ago
I have been working on a massive show and I am trying to figure out how to record certain clips from my videos and show them later in my shows. If anybody knows how, thanks!

Re: Copy and Paste 1 year, 5 months ago #171533

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 year, 5 months ago
Because you're a free user you can't export those sections at a decent resolution and format. There is an alternative, and you actually end up with a better result.

Mark one end of the section that you want to keep, park at the other end and right click on your sequence. From the drop down menu that appears, choose Make > Copy and you will be asked whether you want to copy all of the sequence or just the marked section. Choose "Marked section" and you'll get a sequence containing just that section.

Open the Sequences bin and click once on your copied sequence to select it. Click on the orange "+" symbol beside the "Bins" label. You'll now have a new bin containing just the section that you copied. Give that bin a name that means something.

Open that copied sequence and right click, but this time choose Make > Bin of sources used. The "Searches" bin will open showing just the clips that are used in that sequence. Select them all and drag them to the bin that you created earlier containing the new sequence. You now have the section that you want to reuse plus the media that it requires.

You now have several options. You can leave that bin where it is, but it will mean that you need to keep everything for all your future projects in that one bin - usually not a very attractive solution. Better, you can store it in a project dedicated to the purpose.

First create a new project and name it something meaningful. Then go back into your original project and select the bin containing your copied sequence. Right click in that bin and choose Copy to > [the project that you created earlier] ( in Lightworks version 14.5 that will be Add to > [the project that you created earlier]).

You can now safely delete that bin from your original project plus the sequence that you copied. When doing this, read every message that Lightworks gives you carefully. Assuming can be fatal! So select everything in the bin and right click. Chose "Delete tagged items.." and select Bins and Sequences then delete them. Under no circumstances select clips, because you will end up with media off line in your main edit.
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by jwrl.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds
Scroll To Top