Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can I Insert a sequence into another sequence?

Can I Insert a sequence into another sequence? 8 months ago #169330

• Jochim
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 8 months ago
Hi there, I don't have any experience with lightworks so I may be on completely the wrong track here.

I was trying to create a short video and the way that seemed to make the most sense to me was to create a number of sequences and then combine them into one large one. However whenever I attempt to drag a sequence onto the timeline of my combined one I just get a replace keyword and nothing is added. Is there anyway to simply add one or more sequences into a new one?

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum.

Re: Can I Insert a sequence into another sequence? 8 months ago #169331

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 8 months ago
I know that in the flexible user interface it is and should be in the fixed one too. Park on your timeline where you want the new sequence to be added, and in the bin containing it click once on the sequence that you want to add. Press "b". Done.

You will gain much more power in your editing if you understand the mark-and-park paradigm that Lightworks was designed around and which is what we have just used. In this case we didn't need a mark at all, but the principle is the same. Mark one end of the section of the clip or sequence that you want to use, park at the other end. That's the mark and park part. Because you want the whole sequence if you're parked at the start you will get the whole sequence. Pressing "b" replaces anything in your timeline with what you've chosen. Pressing "v" inserts it.
Last Edit: 8 months ago by jwrl.

Re: Can I Insert a sequence into another sequence? 8 months ago #169334

• Jochim
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 8 months ago
That worked perfectly, thank you so much

I've used the mark and park feature for deleting sections already. It does work very nicely; I think most of the difficulty I've had so far has been a matter of learning hotkeys and the way things are done.

Thanks again for you help!

Re: Can I Insert a sequence into another sequence? 8 months ago #169339

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 8 months ago
Pleasure.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds
Scroll To Top