Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Clip Timer

Clip Timer 5 months, 1 week ago #169324

• DustyGames
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 5 months, 1 week ago
Hello so I've been looking around online for a way to show the duration that a specific clip has taken (one that is part of a sequence) but so far I've only been able to find old threads with outdated answers that refer to menus that don't look the same in my version of Lightworks (v.14.0.0.0). Those are as follows:

Helped me find the menu but the options aren't there anymore:
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivF8y2oG7o8[/video]

Refers to a menu that I either cannot find or is not present in my version:
https://www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=6&id=153761&Itemid=81#153761

Menu shown in the above thread:
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

BITC menu I see in my version:
https://gyazo.com/2106122bb9a48555e1d2257f3a288eab

What I'm trying to do is to display on-screen an accurate timer for how long a character in a let's play spent in a room. They eventually come back to the room later and spend even more time there. What' I'm hoping to find is a way to set an offset to a timer for a specific clip of a sequence.

Thoughts?
Last Edit: 5 months, 1 week ago by DustyGames. Reason: adjusting the links

Re: Clip Timer 5 months, 1 week ago #169326

• DustyGames
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 5 months, 1 week ago
I kept looking and eventually found this post: www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=7&id=157210&Itemid=81#157292
But it doesn't look like it will let me apply it to only one clip, it really wants to display it for the whole sequence for some reason.
Last Edit: 5 months, 1 week ago by DustyGames.

Re: Clip Timer 5 months, 1 week ago #169327

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 months, 1 week ago
The screenshot above shows the panel of TC display on a sequence viewer, that isn't BITC panel.

In V14 BITC panel is available from context menu "Sequence commands.BITC.." of viewers (player and recorder).

In V14.1 access to BITC panel has been moved. It is now part of the File card (F4-key).

Please note: Timecode doesn't necessarily show real time.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 5 months, 1 week ago by hugly.

Re: Clip Timer 5 months, 1 week ago #169328

• DustyGames
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 5 months, 1 week ago
hugly wrote:
The screenshot above shows the panel of TC display on a sequence viewer, that isn't BITC panel.

In V14 BITC panel is available from context menu "Sequence commands.BITC.." of viewers (player and recorder).

In V14.1 access to BITC panel has been moved. It is now part of the File card (F4-key).

Please note: Timecode doesn't necessarily show real time.

I see what you mean. Thank you.

It's strange though. Any particular reason why they make it so that you have to export a certain part of a sequence, add the timecode, and then re-import it? Seems like a rather roundabout method of adding a simple timer onto the screen. Do you think we should put this into a feature request thread or something? Because I get the impression that it shouldn't be this complicated to add a simple clip timer. Not to mention the inevitably quality loss from re-importing a video.
Last Edit: 5 months, 1 week ago by DustyGames.

Re: Clip Timer 5 months, 1 week ago #169332

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 months, 1 week ago
I assume you use V14.1 beta, but that doesn't show in your avatar.

The new method of accessing BITC panel has already confused some (not to say all) of us.

It isn't necessary to reimport anything just to add BITC to a sequence.

With V14.1 in both layouts, give focus to the sequence, press F4 key to open File Card of the sequence, switch to "BITC.Seqeunce" tab and enable "Timecode".

I hope they'll keep F4 function (to pop-up file card) as it is now also in Fixed layout. If they don't, you'll have to open the sequence in the viewer of Log mode to apply BITC.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 5 months, 1 week ago by hugly.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds
Scroll To Top