Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cant see any clips when attempting to start a project

Cant see any clips when attempting to start a project 1 month, 3 weeks ago #164986

• ifageoff
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month, 3 weeks ago
My video files, attached examples , are not showing up when I try to search for them on the LOG page. Any ideas why this may be?

Re: Cant see any clips when attempting to start a project 1 month, 3 weeks ago #165029

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 3 weeks ago
Welcome.
ifageoff wrote:
...attached examples....

Did you want to show us a screenshot to understand your problem?
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Windows 10, 64 Bit
Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz) ; Intel HD Graphics 4600
Last Edit: 1 month, 3 weeks ago by schrauber.

Re: Cant see any clips when attempting to start a project 1 month, 1 week ago #165854

• ifageoff
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
Hi

Apologies but I am not sure how to add a screenshot to this forum. I have checked the video files with Mediainfo and it says "FileExtension_Invalid: mpeg mpg m2p vob pss evo" but I have no idea what this means. The files all show up when I look in the folders but do not appear when I try and find them in Lightworks in the left hand PANEL.tHE FILES ARE CALLED E.G. MOV008.MOD. I tried to attach two files when I firsat posted but they do not seem to appear anywhere? Thanks for your help.

Re: Cant see any clips when attempting to start a project 1 month, 1 week ago #165855

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
Pleaee paste the text report from Mediainfo into your next message.

Re: Cant see any clips when attempting to start a project 1 month, 1 week ago #165856

• ifageoff
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
Complete name : E:\SD_VIDEO\Ardennes2008\MOV00A.MOD
Format : MPEG-PS
File size : 6.03 MiB
Duration : 8 s 160 ms
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 6 196 kb/s
FileExtension_Invalid : mpeg mpg m2p vob pss evo

Hope this is helpful as I cant copy the whole mediainfo box.I have attached another of my files to this message.

Attachment MOV00A.MOD not found

Re: Cant see any clips when attempting to start a project 1 month, 1 week ago #165857

• ifageoff
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
Complete name : E:\SD_VIDEO\Ardennes2008\MOV00A.MOD
Format : MPEG-PS
File size : 6.03 MiB
Duration : 8 s 160 ms
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 6 196 kb/s
FileExtension_Invalid : mpeg mpg m2p vob pss evo

Hope this is helpful as I cant copy the whole mediainfo box.I have attached another of my files to this message.

Attachment MOV00A.MOD not found

Re: Cant see any clips when attempting to start a project 1 month, 1 week ago #165858

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
Lightworks will not recognize MOD files as video.How have they been recorded, and did you rename or convert them?

Please compress the video file (RAR or ZIP) before attaching.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Cant see any clips when attempting to start a project 1 month, 1 week ago #165859

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
FWIW

For those, like me, who never saw a MOD file.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOD_and_TOD

Re: Cant see any clips when attempting to start a project 1 month, 1 week ago #165862

• ifageoff
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
Thanks Hugly. They were recorded with a Panasonic video camera on to an internal hard disk. I haven't converted them. They play fine on my computer but I really want to be able to edit this old video if I can. can I somehow convert them to a file that lightworks can see? Not sure how to compress the files, any ideas welcome.

Re: Cant see any clips when attempting to start a project 1 month, 1 week ago #165892

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
It's a while since I've had to deal with this format, but you could try this: make a copy of one of the MOD files and rename it so the extension is no longer .mod, but is now .mpg. See if that is recognised by Lightworks. (I suggest doing this with a copy because it's a long time ago, and I'm only about 80% confident that's the method I used).

Re: Cant see any clips when attempting to start a project 1 month, 1 week ago #165914

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
If renaming shouldn't help, remuxing with ffmpeg might do. Command line templates are shown on the Wiki page I linked to above under "Conversion to widely accepted formats".

.. If this doesn't help either, please make a piece of this footage downloadable at a file sharing service of your choice. There might be other options to convert.
Last Edit: 1 month, 1 week ago by hugly.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.55 seconds
Scroll To Top