Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Text effects

Text effects 5 months, 2 weeks ago #156066

• vencha
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 5 months, 2 weeks ago
In my edit i want to put text in but make it so when the wave roles in from a birds eye view it clears the text as it goes through it if you mean. so the wave comes in halfway accross the text then the wave goes back out and only half the text is there? how do i do that on lightworks

Re: Text effects 5 months, 2 weeks ago #156068

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 5 months, 2 weeks ago
Have a look here at khaver's wave in user effects. You'll have to route it so that this effect is applied to the text.

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=7&id=9259&Itemid=81
Last Edit: 5 months, 2 weeks ago by briandrys.

Re: Text effects 5 months, 2 weeks ago #156087

• arniepix
    Pro User
  • 5 months, 2 weeks ago
vencha wrote:
when the wave roles in from a birds eye view it clears the text as it goes through it

What wave? Please remember that we can't see your computer from here. Can you post one or more stills to show us what you're trying to explain?

I can't tell if you're trying to ask about how to use a wipe or a pond ripple as a text transition.
post production is not an afterthought!

Re: Text effects 5 months, 2 weeks ago #156092

• donkpow
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 months, 2 weeks ago
FWIW, Graffiti has that effect.
HP Z600 5570
PNY Quadro K620
SB Audigy SE
Windows 7 Pro
ShuttlePRO v2

Re: Text effects 5 months, 2 weeks ago #156096

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 months, 2 weeks ago
arniepix wrote:
I can't tell if you're trying to ask about how to use a wipe or a pond ripple as a text transition.

Not knowing what that effect should look like makes it difficult to decide how to create it.

Instead of guessing, a picture says more than a thousand words.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Text effects 5 months, 2 weeks ago #156097

• rhinox202
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 months, 2 weeks ago
vencha wrote:
In my edit i want to put text in but make it so when the wave roles in from a birds eye view it clears the text as it goes through it if you mean. so the wave comes in halfway accross the text then the wave goes back out and only half the text is there? how do i do that on lightworks

To me this describes a shot from above. Looking down at the sand with waves washing up. The text will be there for a period of time and then a wave will wash up and hide part of the text.

Attached is a sample image of the effect in reverse. As the vehicle drives away, the text is revealed behind it. I used Khaver's "Variable Polygon Mask" effect (use Briandrys' link) to keyframe a mask around the back edge of the car. Depending on the shot, a wipe may work. Possibly even the Chromakey effect calibrated to the color of the sand.

As other users have said, an image will help with giving a better recommendation.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Intel Core 2 Quad (Q6600) :: 4GB :: 256GB SSD :: 1TB HD :: EVGA Geforce GTX 1050 Ti :: Win 10 Pro (1709) :: Lwks 14.1 Beta
Last Edit: 5 months, 2 weeks ago by rhinox202.

Re: Text effects 5 months, 2 weeks ago #156098

• khaver
  • Pro User
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 months, 2 weeks ago
Here's my take. I used one of my Polygon Masks, setting the vertexes to match the angle of the wave and just key framed the Move parameter to follow the wave to it's maximum position then held it there. The 3D DVE is just to get the text to lay on the sand.
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Work Comp: Retired!

Home Comp: Newer! Bigger! Faster!

Send me a tip: paypal.me/4khaver
  • Page:
Time to create page: 1.25 seconds
Scroll To Top