Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 29fps Audio Desync Problems

29fps Audio Desync Problems 10 months, 1 week ago #154322

• NoSuperman10
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 10 months, 1 week ago
Hey all,
I'm still somewhat new to this system but I'm slowly wrapping my head around it. I've made about 5 different projects in Lightworks so far.

I stream in OBS, recording at the same time then edit down the stream to a shorter, rapid-fire 'best bits' video that I upload later. However, my most recent recording went wrong due to my hard drive maxing out midway through. No problem, I just downloaded the auto-archive that Twitch provides. Unfortunately this meant that the video was in 29.97fps rather than the usual 30 I record at, so the result is that the audio slowly becomes more out of sync as the video goes on.

Is there any way to fix this? I've tried a few solutions I've seen in other threads such as setting the project to "variable frame rates" but nothing seems to be working.

Re: 29fps Audio Desync Problems 10 months, 1 week ago #154326

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 10 months, 1 week ago
Welcome to the forum.

You certainly don't want to be setting your project as a variable frame rate, Lightworks, like other professional NLE use constant frame rate.

Many Lightworks users have Eyeframe as a tool to convert to a constant frame rate.

More detailed breakdown, please follow the directions in this sticky, so that users can see the technical details of your video.

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=23&id=66072&Itemid=81

Re: 29fps Audio Desync Problems 10 months, 1 week ago #154327

• NoSuperman10
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 10 months, 1 week ago
Here's the MediaInfo report for the file I'm using.

:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

Re: 29fps Audio Desync Problems 10 months, 1 week ago #154332

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 10 months, 1 week ago
"Frame rate mode : Variable
Frame rate : 29.970 (29970/1000) FPS
Minimum frame rate : 0.500 FPS
Maximum frame rate : 30.303 FPS"

Your video has a variable frame rate, so you need to convert this to a constant frame rate, Eyeframe is popular with Lightworks users for doing this.

Re: 29fps Audio Desync Problems 10 months, 1 week ago #154336

• donkpow
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 10 months, 1 week ago
I would add that all your videos within a project should be the same frame rate (24 fps project being the exception). If I read the original statements correctly, one video does not have the same rate as the others.

Ideally, all videos should have constant frame rate.
HP Z600 5570
PNY Quadro K620
SB Audigy SE
Windows 7 Pro
ShuttlePRO v2
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.40 seconds
Scroll To Top