Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Speed Percents?

Re: Speed Percents? 1 year, 3 months ago #151216

• donkpow
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 year, 3 months ago
Given the situation of recording speed painting, there is room for enormous gain in quality of capture available over the current capture/encoding settings.
HP Z600 5570
PNY Quadro K620
SB Audigy SE
Windows 7 Pro
ShuttlePRO v2

Re: Speed Percents? 1 year, 3 months ago #151270

• TimelordSnowy
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 year, 3 months ago
mediaDS
No You answered it perfectly I thank you for that. I was not referring to the answer to the question I was more of saying That I don't understand the debate they started having when that is literally all I asked for.

jwrl
I never asked a question after? All I did was post the mediafile thing like they asked and said I don't know where I need to look for specs of my computer. I dont get where the debate came from? Unless you mean where I said the playback doesn't run after a few seconds But I have said I dont even need the playback and that Im pretty sure I already know the culprit after looking through a few threads(which is how I found Eyeframe). I dont look at it not even in WMM since it plays things blurrly. Once I know what speed to make things I dont bother with the playback. I add Music, stick a picture on the end, save/export it and Upload it. That is all the editing I do and plan on doing. Im not attempting to do any fancy editing Im just doing this in my spare time for fun. And If the playback question is what caused this I already know how to fix it and that is to do whatever it is you do with Eyeframe and it works fine. If that isnt what caused this then Im utterly lost and have no idea whats going on anymore.

Donkpow
What? My quality is just fine? It uploads as 720p and looks like all other speedpaints I watch so Im not sure what else you want me to do to change that..

Re: Speed Percents? 1 year, 3 months ago #151271

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 year, 3 months ago
TimelordSnowy,

I believe the whole discussion started because I proposed using MJPEG codec instead of other codecs in the command line I posted above to speed up your recordings with Eyeframe Converter.

Discussions about what is "the best intermediate codec” come up some times on this forum. You should treat them similarly to discussions about what is "the best car”. Some believe that they've found the Egg of Columbus already, other doubt that there's an Egg of Columbus.

If you’re satisfied with the results you get, continue going your own way. If you have additional questions come back and ask.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Speed Percents? 1 year, 3 months ago #151272

• donkpow
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 year, 3 months ago
TimelordSnowy wrote:
Donkpow
What? My quality is just fine? It uploads as 720p and looks like all other speedpaints I watch so Im not sure what else you want me to do to change that..
GOP between 25 and 250. Since it is speed painting and not high action video gaming, you are probably pushing near 250 all the time. If you are satisfied, it's not an issue for me. I'm pretty sure I can improve the quality.
HP Z600 5570
PNY Quadro K620
SB Audigy SE
Windows 7 Pro
ShuttlePRO v2

Re: Speed Percents? 1 year, 3 months ago #151274

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 year, 3 months ago
Wise men take care of their Eggs of Columbus to prevent that wild men eat them.

Re: Speed Percents? 1 year, 3 months ago #151278

• donkpow
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 year, 3 months ago
The design of a workflow is something that will pay high dividends. That's the whole thing, right there. It's not a matter of hindsight. It is precisely to prevent discovering potential after the fact.
HP Z600 5570
PNY Quadro K620
SB Audigy SE
Windows 7 Pro
ShuttlePRO v2

Re: Speed Percents? 1 year, 3 months ago #151283

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 year, 3 months ago
I believe this discussion has nothing to do with OP'S initial question, has it?

Re: Speed Percents? 1 year, 3 months ago #151288

• TimelordSnowy
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 year, 3 months ago
Hugly
Ok Thanks. My question has been answered I was just immensely confused where the debate came from because it seemed to have nothing to do with my initial question and I dont know the majority of these terms you people are using so that did not help either.. Anyway thanks for your help.

Donkpow
Hmm..Not sure what you mean by GOP(attempted to look it up and all I got was political and Healthcare stuff...) but yeah Im fine with the quality of my videos(considering they used to all record/upload as 480p and blurry as anything. What Im currently making is several times better in that regard)

Anyway. Thanks to every one who provided any sort of help to me I greatly appreciate it.

Re: Speed Percents? 1 year, 3 months ago #151304

• donkpow
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 year, 3 months ago
GOP = "group of pictures"
HP Z600 5570
PNY Quadro K620
SB Audigy SE
Windows 7 Pro
ShuttlePRO v2
Time to create page: 0.42 seconds