Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How to get music...

How to get music... 1 year, 5 months ago #148819

• EmeraldWyvern
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 year, 5 months ago
I'm new to the program and am trying to figure out first how to get my music to work in Audacity, then how to import that to Lightworks. I'm having difficulty and as this is an assignment I really do need some help. Thanks in advance!

Re: How to get music... 1 year, 5 months ago #148820

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 year, 5 months ago
Hello and welcome!

Not easy to answer without further information.

What do you use Audacity for and what kind of video are you going to edit, a screen recording with separately recorded audio?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: How to get music... 1 year, 5 months ago #148821

• EmeraldWyvern
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 year, 5 months ago
I'm just using Audacity to change the music from Groove Music to a format that works with Lightworks. Also my video is basically just a bunch of pictures in a line to emphasise my poem which will be a voice-over.

Thanks for replying tho.

Re: How to get music... 1 year, 5 months ago #148831

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 year, 5 months ago
The best audio format to edit is PCM. To convert an audio file with Audacity without further processing, import the file, open the menu "File.Export Audio" and select ""WAV (Microsoft) signed 16-bit PCM".

Audacity is also a good program to record voice-over. When the main content of your video is a spoken poem and music and pictures are the "background", I would record the poem first with Audacity at best possible quality and cut and trim the images to the poem.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: How to get music... 1 year, 5 months ago #148910

• EmeraldWyvern
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 year, 5 months ago
Ok thanks so much! I'll attempt that and reply with how that went. thanks again for your help.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds
Scroll To Top