Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Audio sometimes works, sometimes doesn't

Audio sometimes works, sometimes doesn't 8 months, 3 weeks ago #148689

• espimentel
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 8 months, 3 weeks ago
I have the same problem here. But I'm using the version 14. Sometimes the sound works well, sometimes is silenced. In 2 years nothing changing? I really try to use this software, but it's hard with this inconsistents problems.

Sad, so Sad.
Last Edit: 8 months, 3 weeks ago by jwrl.

Audio sometimes works, sometimes doesn't? 8 months, 3 weeks ago #148694

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 8 months, 3 weeks ago
Hello.

There are at least two different problems mentioned in this discussion and the topic is related to outdated versions of Lightworks.

Please describe your problem more detailed. Is it related to preview or export, or both? Is it reproducible?

Please post a Mediainfo report of a source file which shows the described problems, here you will find directions:
www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=23&id=66072&Itemid=81

Also your computer details are needed (OS version, CPU, RAM, GPU, Sound device, type of hard drive you use for media).
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Audio sometimes works, sometimes doesn't? 8 months, 3 weeks ago #148703

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 8 months, 3 weeks ago
I completely agree with hugly. I have split this thread off into its own topic - the two problems in the original three year old thread are extremely unlikely to have any bearing on this issue. One was an operational problem, and the other was a software problem which as far as I can recall was sorted out quite quickly.

I notice that up to now all of your posts are in threads that are at least two years old. Is there a reason for this? Lightworks has changed substantially in that time. If you have a problem that isn't covered in a recent thread it's better to start a new one.
Last Edit: 8 months, 3 weeks ago by jwrl.

Re: Audio sometimes works, sometimes doesn't 8 months, 3 weeks ago #148740

• espimentel
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 8 months, 3 weeks ago
Guys, you're right! Many changes should happen in two years.

I shutdown my computer yesterday, with the sound silencing without no reason. The source video file was working right. Was bugging in the editor and after export. It's like the sound is gone in a few seconds, randomly.

Today, I turn on my computer, open the lightworks 14 and the sound was great!
youtu.be/9QQKD9ijuog

I really don't know what happen.

Cheers,
Edu

Re: Audio sometimes works, sometimes doesn't 8 months, 3 weeks ago #148755

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 8 months, 3 weeks ago
Glad to hear that it "happed" that the problem got fixed restarting your computer.

With V14 I'm encountering similar audio related things on a regular basis. I can imagine that this has something to do with initial buffering for playback in preview.

I found that the issues on export I’m encountering disappear reliably by exporting directly after restarting Lightworks (without playback). In my case it isn't necessary to restart the operating system, just restart Lightworks and export without prior playback.

I would truly appreciate your feedback on this, in case you should encounter similar problems in the future.

Re: Audio sometimes works, sometimes doesn't 8 months, 3 weeks ago #148809

• espimentel
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 8 months, 3 weeks ago
Hugly, sometimes I need to restart the software - A few times occurs some delay on audio. But isn't always.

I was thinking something about buffering. Can be this!

Cheers!

Re: Audio sometimes works, sometimes doesn't 8 months, 2 weeks ago #149190

• espimentel
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 8 months, 2 weeks ago
It happens again!

But, @Hugly, when you told "Glad to hear that it "happed" that the problem got fixed restarting your computer." this isn't tottaly true.

Today, I'm working in a new video for my wife's channel. And I restart the software, the PC, shutdown, waiting a couple of minutes - and it doesn't work. The audio is there, but doesn't work.

I think I'll turn off now (11pm, Brazil time), tomorrow I'll turn on my pc again and will work fine.

What do you think is?

Re: Audio sometimes works, sometimes doesn't 8 months, 2 weeks ago #149194

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 8 months, 2 weeks ago
esperimentel,

The audio issues I'm aware of which are fixable by restarting Lightworks are echoes/distortions caused by complex circumstances, never a random total loss of audio.

Most likely your problem is caused by system audio which is blocked by the operating system itself and/or by another running software and/or by audio hardware (starting from cables and connectors). I can't exclude that random total audio loss could be related to some kind of unsupported footage, but it's less likely.

The next time you encounter the problem, see if other software plays sound and use the internal “Hardware.Output tetsts” of Lightworks from cogs menu of Project Browser to narrow down possible causes.

Because you didn't tell anything about you computer and your operating system, so far, I can't give further advice.
Last Edit: 8 months, 2 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: Audio sometimes works, sometimes doesn't 8 months, 2 weeks ago #149236

• espimentel
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 8 months, 2 weeks ago
Hugly, hello!

Acctually, it's very random when the problem occurs, when not. But, the cables and connectors, I've checked. All right here.

I found this tests and the sound works fine (a long beeeeeeeep, for example, right?)

I attached my PC config and GPU test. It's good? Can I work with this?

Thanks for the support.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Audio sometimes works, sometimes doesn't 8 months, 2 weeks ago #149238

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 8 months, 2 weeks ago
a long beeeeeeeep, for example, right?

Yes, if you hear the beep, you should hear sound when editing, if you don't hear it something should be wrong with audio device (blocked by the operating system or other software). If you hear the beep and you hear no sound while editing randomly, well that shouldn't happen.

The configuration of your machine doesn't explain the audio problem.

GPU test of Lightworks doesn't provide comparable values, unfortunately. I believe you can work with this computer, but as with any computer it depends on the format of the footage you're editing. You'll always find a video format which kills performance even on 24 core dual-XEON based workstations. A separate fast external USB3.0 (or internal SATA) hard drive (7200 RPM or SSD) for media is essential when editing videos, but again a missing separate hard drive doesn't explain random total loss of audio.

On some Windows systems (like mine) you will get total audio loss (affecting all programs playing audio) after wakeup from Standby mode. This is fixable by deactivating/activating the system audio device.
Last Edit: 8 months, 2 weeks ago by hugly.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.57 seconds
Scroll To Top