Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How to mask out a specific area

How to mask out a specific area 1 year, 3 months ago #146961

• Tralpat
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 year, 3 months ago
Here is what I am trying to do. I want to clone a person to have a conversation with himself. At some point I want one clone to hit the other one. Is there a way to mask a very specific area to allow this to happen?

Re: How to mask out a specific area 1 year, 3 months ago #146977

maybe use a gren screen. I don't know I'm new to this stuff too

Re: How to mask out a specific area 1 year, 3 months ago #146988

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 year, 3 months ago
If you haven't already shot this scene there are a number of methods.

Lock off the camera on a tripod with the final framing, place the person in first position, shoot it, then place them in the position for their twin, shoot that. Then, in post, use a split screen found in DVE, for putting together the two halves.

However, a wipe should give you more options, use the keyframes to set the position of the edge and adjust its softness as required.

You could also use a green screen, but the first method is traditional old school.
Last Edit: 1 year, 3 months ago by briandrys.

Re: How to mask out a specific area 1 year, 3 months ago #146997

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 year, 3 months ago
-and check khaver's Polymask user effects to help you mask the one shot over the other. They're the fifth entry down in this post.

Re: How to mask out a specific area 1 year, 3 months ago #147066

briandrys wrote:
If you haven't already shot this scene there are a number of methods.

Lock off the camera on a tripod with the final framing, place the person in first position, shoot it, then place them in the position for their twin, shoot that. Then, in post, use a split screen found in DVE, for putting together the two halves.

However, a wipe should give you more options, use the keyframes to set the position of the edge and adjust its softness as required.

You could also use a green screen, but the first method is traditional old school.

I would reccomend the wipe method.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds
Scroll To Top