Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Black Clips on reopenning

Black Clips on reopenning 1 year, 1 month ago #145339

• Lambertxxx
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 year, 1 month ago
Hi there I am experiencing the same problem as a writer before, I shot footage on my Lumix GH2 in HD and imported it into lightworks, after editing I closed the Project, but when reopening it all the visual clips come up as black? The audio is retained? Please assist.

Re: Black Clips on reopenning 1 year, 1 month ago #145342

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 year, 1 month ago
Hello and welcome!

This problem has been reported by many users.

To try to find a fix for you, please post a Mediainfo report of your source file(s) showing black after reopening:
www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=23&id=66072&Itemid=81
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Black Clips on reopenning 1 year, 1 month ago #145353

• marc.vogt
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 year, 1 month ago
Try this: right click on the black clips and choose "Delete Proxies". And then restart. Or you can delete the proxy files in your media/material folder.

Re: Black Clips on reopenning 1 year, 1 month ago #145362

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 year, 1 month ago
Hello marc.vogt,

Did you say that you have encountered the same problem and you could fix it deleting internally created proxies?

If so could you please post a Mediainfo report of one of the source files you encountered that problem with.
Last Edit: 1 year, 1 month ago by hugly.

Re: Black Clips on reopenning 1 year, 1 month ago #145365

• marc.vogt
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 year, 1 month ago
Yes, that works for me. I've found out that I can edit my imported/transcoded files smoothly without the proxies - with the internal proxy files I get a lag. If I create manual proxy files the editing lags again.

And the automaticly generated proxies have 1080 (in the filename), the manual proxy files have 240.

I will post the media info report in the late afternoon.

Re: Black Clips on reopenning 1 year, 1 month ago #145368

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 year, 1 month ago
Thanks a lot.

If the proxies you talk about show 1080 (vertical resolution) then they have been created via "Transcode" during import (the default after installation should have been "Create Link"). Is "Transcode" the import method you use?

Re: Black Clips on reopenning 1 year, 1 month ago #145371

• marc.vogt
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 year, 1 month ago
Yes I transcode my MTS AVCHD files to MXF first. Without transcoding I cannot scrub through the files with my jog shuttle smoothly.

Re: Black Clips on reopenning 1 year, 1 month ago #145372

• marc.vogt
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 year, 1 month ago
Did lightworks create internal proxies automaticly in v12? I cannot remember problems like this in v12.

Re: Black Clips on reopenning 1 year, 1 month ago #145374

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 year, 1 month ago
No, the make proxy is a feature in V14, they are not 1080p, they are currently 240p. You need to select make proxy in the bin, it's not an automatic process.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 1 year, 1 month ago by briandrys.

Re: Black Clips on reopenning 1 year, 1 month ago #145375

• marc.vogt
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 year, 1 month ago
Can I disable the automatic proxy process?

Re: Black Clips on reopenning 1 year, 1 month ago #145376

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 year, 1 month ago
Did lightworks create internal proxies automaticly in v12?

The answer is a bit complex.

Internal 240p proxies (Media.Make proxy) have been invented with V14, they didn't exist with V12.6.

At some state during beta test, files imported via Transcode were named "..proxy.<resolution>..", for example "V0030V67.A8.proxy.1080.AVI"

Now, with recent release, transcoded files on import show "proxy" in the file name during file creation (during transcoding), e.g. "V0039SR1.A0.proxy.720.AVI". At the end of transcoding process they are renamed to something linke "V0039SR1.AVI".

If you see in Material folder files containing "proxy" in their names different from 240 created with V14.0.0. release version, they are most likely damaged (unfinished transcoding).

By the way, if you don't know exactly what you're doing you should never delete anything from Media\Material or Media\Audio folder manually.

Re: Black Clips on reopenning 1 year, 1 month ago #145377

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 year, 1 month ago
marc.vogt wrote:
Can I disable the automatic proxy process?

No matter what layout you use, press F1 key, you'll see the import window. On lower left hand side there's the "Import" button, right beneath this button you will find the import method (Create Link, Copy Local, Transcode). What does it show?

Re: Black Clips on reopenning 1 year, 1 month ago #145380

• marc.vogt
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 year, 1 month ago
It shows "Transcode".

Re: Black Clips on reopenning 1 year, 1 month ago #145383

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 year, 1 month ago
Thanks, this means all files you import are transcode (converted) at full resolution. This isn't the default, it produces very large files, it isn't necessary for all footage, and in some cases (footage conatining Variable Frame Rate) it's dangerous and might lead to unexpected errors.

The default import method is Create Link.

Whatever you do, Lightworks supports only footage with Constant Framerate. You have to check this prior to import with Mediainfo. If Variable Framerate is present you have to transcode using third party software.

Re: Black Clips on reopenning 1 year, 1 month ago #145384

• marc.vogt
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 year, 1 month ago
If I create link/copy, I have problems with smooth editing. Or do you mean I should create links and create proxies after that? As far as I know I have footage with constant bitrates. I tried footage from different cams. I'll attach the media info report later.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds
Scroll To Top