Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Audio adjustment of single clip v14

Audio adjustment of single clip v14 1 year, 3 months ago #145103

• Dac1199
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 year, 3 months ago
This has been driving me crazy ever since I started using the program. I want to adjust the OVERALL audio level of clips in my timeline, however using the db lvl settings in the advanced options (to the right of the timeline) seems to use keyframes; that is, wherever my marker is in the clip, it will adjust the db level at that point. I want to increase or decrease the volume for the entire clip so it matches with the rest of my project

Anyone figured this out?

Re: Audio adjustment of single clip v14 1 year, 3 months ago #145104

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 year, 3 months ago
Hi,

Single clips one by one or overall audio level of the complete sequence?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Audio adjustment of single clip v14 1 year, 3 months ago #145107

• Dac1199
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 year, 3 months ago
Single clips one by one

Re: Audio adjustment of single clip v14 1 year, 3 months ago #145111

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 year, 3 months ago
There are two numeric fields for audio level adjustment in Advanced tab. The right one is called Clip Gain. Hovering with the mouse over this field allows clip gain adjustment for the clip the playhead is positioned on with the mouse wheel. Grouped tracks will be adjusted all at once.

Clip Gain adjustment exists also for source clips, but it has to be set before the clip is inserted/replaced into the timeline, as a step of media preparation.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 year, 3 months ago by hugly.

Re: Audio adjustment of single clip v14 1 year, 3 months ago #145134

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 year, 3 months ago
If you're in "Fixed" mode you'll need to swap to "Flexible" to do as hugly suggests. From the project browser (old name "lobby") click on the cogs icon at the top right of the screen. From the drop down menu that appears, click on "Project layout" and choose "Flexible".

Because different states are saved for each mode you may have to open you edit from the content manager, but once you have done that you will be able to choose "Advanced" from the timeline.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds
Scroll To Top