Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: which format/media files item shouls be selected to burn project on DVD region 2 ?

which format/media files item shouls be selected to burn project on DVD region 2 ? 1 year, 4 months ago #143266

• GLIMAGE
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 year, 4 months ago
By selecting DVD and media H.264 on the export menu, the DVD project video burns but not the audio (no I did not deselect audio tracks in the timeline) and will only play on pc - not a dvd player. Any clues where I am going wrong. Many thanks. Mike

Re: which format/media files item shouls be selected to burn project on DVD region 2 ? 1 year, 4 months ago #143268

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 year, 4 months ago
Hi,

Do you use the Pro version?

If so, and if you don't need the exported files for delivery into a DVD authoring system together with separately exported PCM audio for further processing, I'd suggest using h264 export settings (others might know better settings).

With the Free version, use Youtube 720p settings and deselect "Upload to youtube.com" checkbox.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 year, 4 months ago by hugly.

Re: which format/media files item shouls be selected to burn project on DVD region 2 ? 1 year, 4 months ago #143288

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 1 year, 4 months ago
Which version of LW are you running?

DVD is a specific format don't know why hugly is talking about h264 - which in any event, for further processing into a DVD would be best avoided.
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation

Re: which format/media files item shouls be selected to burn project on DVD region 2 ? 1 year, 4 months ago #143292

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 1 year, 4 months ago
To be able to select h254 you must be using the BluRay export option? DVD export is in MPEG.

Have done a few short DVD and BluRay test exports in LW v14 - all exports have video and audio content. Best to use the MPEG option in BlueRay the H264 version has all the usual problems when playing in VLC.

In each case what LW produces is a video file compatible with the selected format - but in each case to make a playable DVD/BluRay disk requires those files to be processed in an authoring application. Of course all can be played on a DVD disk as a computer file, not a DVD Video, without any further processing
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation

Re: which format/media files item shouls be selected to burn project on DVD region 2 ? 1 year, 4 months ago #143313

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 year, 4 months ago
You might like to check out DVDstyler if you want to create playable DVDs. It's free and available in both Windows and Linux versions. Mac users should already have applications available (just checked - apparently both DVD studio and iDVD have been withdrawn). But applications to do this are generally drying up with the switch to other distribution systems.

Personally I use Adobe Encore which was commercial software, but it has now been discontinued. Pity. It's a very good tool.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds
Scroll To Top