Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: how do I export

Re: how do I export 2 months, 3 weeks ago #196601

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 3 weeks ago
Moderated: A new user posted prior to this with a hidden link to a dodgy website that allowed ripping of commercial media. That post has been removed and that user has been blocked. Your answer has been left here because it is useful to genuine users seeking help. Thank you - jwrl.

Hello,

To open the export panel for the current sequence (the one shown in the timeline), either press F2-key or, right-click on the timeline or the sequence viewer (the right viewer in Edit mode) and select "Export".
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 2 months, 3 weeks ago by jwrl.

Re: how do I export 2 months, 3 weeks ago #196602

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 2 months, 3 weeks ago
Welcome to the forum.

Right click on the timeline, you will find export in the sequence command.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

You'll find more on P216 & 217 in the V14.5 User Guide found in downloads > documentation

The quick start video tutorial also covers it.
Last Edit: 2 months, 3 weeks ago by briandrys.

Re: how do I export 1 week, 2 days ago #201301

• DexterL
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
To export my project, I
--go to Log | Project Contents
--right click in the Table (Filters = Clips)
--click on YouTube in the menu

Lightworks 14.5 free version then produces a separate .mp4 for each clip. How do I get it to produce a single .mp4 for all my clips in order?

(Incidentally, the red-box viewer in Edit says "No Source (Sequence)". Should I be nervous about that? Might it be related?)

Thanks for any remote troubleshooting you can do.

Re: how do I export 1 week, 2 days ago #201302

• Great White
    Pro User
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
How do I get it to produce a single .mp4 for all my clips in order?

• Select/highlight the clips that you want to use
  • Right-click the selection and choose 'Make > Sequence from selection'
  • Export the sequence that has been created
Lightworks Development

Re: how do I export 1 week, 1 day ago #201305

• DexterL
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 1 day ago
Thanks for the real-time response.

My Project Contents window now shows three sequences. (I guess the red ribbon marks a sequence?) I didn't notice how many were there before.
~~"No Source (Sequence)"
~~"All (Sequence)"
~~"Clipboard"

I've now done two more exports. Each of them produced a single .mp4 file, as requested, but there were some differences:

~~The Export with "All (Sequence)" put out the clips in a different order from the one in the earlier Edit timeline; dropped the subtitles that were previously on a couple of the clips; and did have audio.

~~The Export with "No Source (Sequence)" kept the clips in the same order as the previous Edit timeline; retained the subtitles that had been on a couple of the clips; but had no audio.

Can you steer me further?

Re: how do I export 1 week, 1 day ago #201306

• Great White
    Pro User
  • 1 week, 1 day ago
I guess the red ribbon marks a sequence?

It does

If you already have a sequence with the clips arranged in the order that you want, then there's no need to generate a new one from the clips in the project contents window.

If you do want to make a new sequence, then 'Make > Sequence from selection' respects the order of the items as they appear in 'project contents'. To customise the ordering :
  • select/highlight the items
  • right-click and choose 'Add to > new bin'
  • drag the items in the new bin to reorder them
  • right-click and choose 'Make > Sequence from selection', as before

If your export has no audio, check that your sequence's audio tracks are enabled/selected before exporting (you can tell if they're enabled by looking at the track labels (eg. A1, A2) on the timeline - if they're greyed out, they will be mute.
Lightworks Development

Re: how do I export 1 week, 1 day ago #201311

• DexterL
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 1 day ago
Thanks for the second time.

I deleted the "All (Sequence)" sequence, enabled the audio in "No Source (Sequence)", gave a meaningful name to "No Source", and everything seems to work fine.

One nit: The Clipboard, shown as empty, still has a slot in the Project Contents. Is that intentional, or is there a way to dismiss it when it's empty?

Re: how do I export 1 week, 1 day ago #201315

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 1 day ago
In a newly created project, the clipboad appears and remains visible, even if empty, as soon as the first related operation (delete, remove, copy to clipbpard, cut to clipboard) fills it. I think, this is intended behaviour.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 week, 1 day ago by hugly.

Re: how do I export 1 week, 1 day ago #201342

• DexterL
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 1 day ago
Thanks for the third time.

FYI: I'm just a hobbyist, so no income rides on this... but I've stumbled over several things as I've begun to use Lightworks. I had considered switching products.

But assuming the response you've provided in the last few hours is typical, it wouldn't make sense to go somewhere else, since I've come across no issues with functionality.

Re: how do I export 1 week, 1 day ago #201345

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 week, 1 day ago
From the nature of your questions, you may find this thread useful, since has links to various videos that can assist new users: www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=26&id=179615&Itemid=81
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds
Scroll To Top