Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: how do I export

Re: how do I export 1 year, 7 months ago #146370

• OSch8
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 year, 7 months ago
Oh, thank you for your generous offer, hugly

I will provide you with a link shortly for a smaller video file (90 MB) that does not help overcome the problem.

Hold on... just a view moments.

Oliver

Re: how do I export 1 year, 7 months ago #146371

• OSch8
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 year, 7 months ago
Hello hugly,

here is the link to my webspace:

c.web.de/@444409187544341299/F7LreabXTFS0eR7BMxaBFQ

The file resulted from a conversion via VLC Media Player. The original (input) source was made with Yuneecs 4K CGO3+ camera.

Thank you for your effort and time you spend for this nasty problem.

(I still can not imagine that the Windows Update has no influence at all. Before that this error did not show up. The export worked well basically except for my deficiency in my application knowledge.)

Oliver

Re: how do I export 1 year, 7 months ago #146374

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 year, 7 months ago
Dankeschön Oliver,

This file contains obviously some wrong time stamps (not detected as variable frame rate by Mediainfo). You will have to convert all files created with the camera with third party software prior to import into Lightworks.

The file shows imported into Lightworks black frames at the very beginning. Please open the file in the player, skip the black frames, press I-key to mark-in and S-key to jump to the end of the clip. Choose "Region" "Marked Section" in Export panel and export. That should work, but even if this works the file isn't usable for editing unconverted.

Are you familiar with FFmpeg?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: how do I export 1 year, 7 months ago #146377

• OSch8
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 year, 7 months ago
Thank you very much for your quick analysis.
I was wondering about the black frames when I discovered them first. Since there is a option to ignore them (youtube-filter) I thought that Lightworks puts them in front (for some unknown reason). Instead, these black frames are the consequence of the wrong time stamps?

FFmpeg is not known to me. I guess this is the better alternative for proper conversion than VLC Media Player?

I will get this tool. May I ask you later which settings/profile are the best choice as soon as I get confused?

Thank you once again for your support.

Oliver

Re: how do I export 1 year, 7 months ago #146382

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 year, 7 months ago
FFmpeg is not known to me. I guess this is the better alternative for proper conversion than VLC Media Player?

Yes, definitely.

I will get this tool. May I ask you later which settings/profile are the best choice as soon as I get confused?

Of course, but to give some meaningful advice a Mediainfo report of your original camera file would be necessary, please see: www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=23&id=66072&Itemid=81

Re: how do I export 1 year, 7 months ago #146383

• OSch8
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 year, 7 months ago
Well, I got FFMpeg now. I did not expert a command line based tool. That is quite challenging for me. Need to find which of the many parameters are the most important ones for my files.
I also got MediaInfos and produced a report about the original CGO3+ recorded file.
Can you see any particular "difficult" parameters?

Oliver
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: how do I export 1 year, 7 months ago #146384

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 year, 7 months ago
Frame rate mode : konstant
Frame rate : 112,080 FPS
Original frame rate : 112,000 FPS

That's far beyond any standard. For future recordings you should try to optimize the settings of your camera, if possible. From my point of view 25 fps would be a good value in PAL land and if there should be settings to improve recording quality (with less compression artifacts), use them.

FFmpeg is hard to learn from official documentation. I've attached a batch file which can be used out of the box

1. Create a folder C:\Public\Bin (C:\Öffentlich\Bin)
2. Unzip the downloaded static build of recent FFmpeg into that folder
3. Download (and unzip) the attached batch file to your desktop.
4. Drag and drop files to be converted onto that batch. A subfolder named Proxy will be created at the location of your source files containig the converted files.
5. Import the converted files via Import window (F1-key) and Create Link import method into Lightworks.

.. and tell about the results.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 1 year, 7 months ago by hugly.

Re: how do I export 1 year, 7 months ago #146388

• OSch8
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 year, 7 months ago
Hello Hugly,

the conversion worked well (as far as I can evaluate).
In the attached file to see the protocol lines of your batch process.

Interesting: The converted file (198 MB) is bigger than the original file (175 MB).

(The high frame rate is certainly not appropiate for these kind of footage.
Usually I use the camera for slow motion analysis in fast sportive movements. I simply forgot to check the setting before the recordings.)

A message will follow about the Lightworks import soon.

Regards
Oliver
Attachments:

Re: how do I export 1 year, 7 months ago #146392

• OSch8
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 year, 7 months ago
Ohhhh - the import did not succeed unfortunately.
The frame rate and/or audio rate is not being welcomed. (see screenshot)
(By the way, audio was switched off.)

Is there some adjustment necessary within the batch file?

I get a bad conscience being so time-consuming to you.

Oliver
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: how do I export 1 year, 7 months ago #146398

• OSch8
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 year, 7 months ago
Hello hugly,

I almost forgot to follow this instruction:
>The file shows imported into Lightworks black frames at the very beginning. >Please open the file in the player, skip the black frames, press I-key to >mark-in and S-key to jump to the end of the clip. Choose "Region" "Marked >Section" in Export panel and export. That should work, but even if this >works the file isn't usable for editing unconverted.

I did it - and you are right: IT WORKS!!!!
The black frames (caused by wrong/bad time stamps) in the beginning are the big and only obstacle.
Although the real cause is not fixed I can finally get the result I wanted.
Next time I will pay intention to appropiate frame rate setting.

I like to thank you very much for your persistent help over this day.

Friendly greetings

Oliver

Re: how do I export 1 year, 7 months ago #146416

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 year, 7 months ago
Is there some adjustment necessary within the batch file?

I set the frame rate to 25 fps, assuming you're going to create a new project at 25fps.

If you need the file to be imported into a 30 fps project, you have to modify the command line, please replace
-r 25
with
-r 30
Last Edit: 1 year, 7 months ago by hugly.

Re: how do I export 11 months ago #166518

• mewt_8
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 11 months ago
why do my videos render as individual segments???

Re: how do I export 11 months ago #166521

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 11 months ago
Hello and welcome!

Hard to say when not sitting next to you and watching what you're doing.

How do you "render" your videos, and what is an "individual segment"?

Re: how do I export 8 months ago #174468

Hi, I recently was working on a project and it looks as if, if you don't have PRO, you can't export your work to anything but YouTube or vimeo, and not to your computer. Am I right or am I doing something incorrectly?

Re: how do I export 8 months ago #174473

• fishmonger
    Pro User
  • 8 months ago
Even when you export to YouTube or Vimeo it also goes to the local folder on your computer.

To avoid confusion we've added a new export option in 14.5 RC2 that doesn't mention YouTube or Vimeo so it's easy to see that this is indeed possible,

f
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds
Scroll To Top