Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Help With Effects

Help With Effects 1 year, 4 months ago #142992

• Tralpat
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 year, 4 months ago
Please forgive me as I just downloaded Lightworks today.

I am having an issue trying to piece together 2 video clips. I want one to show full screen and the other to play in a corner simultaneously. I figured out that if I use the "Split Screen" effect I can accomplish what I am looking for by resizing each clip.

Here is the issue I am having with this method. When I try to play the whole sequence the video freezes at the end of the previous clip. The time marker keeps progressing and the video resumes once the segment with the effects is over. If I click through the segment with the effect frame by frame it seems to work fine.

Attached is a screen shot of what I want it to look like. Both the full screen image and the image in the top corner are short video clips.

Please help!
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Help With Effects 1 year, 4 months ago #142998

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 year, 4 months ago
Hello and welcome!

Have a look at this demo I made for another user and ask your questions. It shows Flexible layout, but the workflow is basically the same in Fixed, add tracks in Edit mode and DVE in VFX mode.

This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 year, 4 months ago by hugly.

Re: Help With Effects 1 year, 4 months ago #142999

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 year, 4 months ago
Reading through your post again more closely, which I should have done better initially, you may have encountered a problem with the format of the video you use.

To find out please post a Mediainfo report of the file which shows the problem, please see: www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=23&id=66072&Itemid=81

Please add also your computer details.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 year, 4 months ago by hugly.

Re: Help With Effects 1 year, 4 months ago #143004

• Tralpat
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 year, 4 months ago
Cool. Thanks. For some reason it started working once I exited Lightworks and reopened it. Weird but works fine now.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds
Scroll To Top