Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: how do 3 windows different in one scene?

how do 3 windows different in one scene? 1 year, 8 months ago #136955

• tunjin
  • Senior Boarder
  • 1 year, 8 months ago
hi

i'm new and i want try with lightworks: for my important ask you for tip:
how do 3 windows different in one scene?

see example:
www.ocsmag.com/2015/12/22/the-video-editing-challenge-part-i-kdenlive/
or
www.ocsmag.com/2016/01/03/the-video-editing-challenge-part-ii-natron/
or
www.ocsmag.com/2016/01/21/the-video-editing-challenge-part-iii-blender/

there are tutorials similar of that links?

Re: how do 3 windows different in one scene? 1 year, 8 months ago #136983

• tunjin
  • Senior Boarder
  • 1 year, 8 months ago
nothing...tip..?

Re: how do 3 windows different in one scene? 1 year, 8 months ago #136985

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 year, 8 months ago
You use the DVE, there are a number of picture in picture presets, you use 3 of these in combination to put 3 pictures on the screen.

If you look at the video tutorials on effects you'll find out how to create a range of effects and their routing. These are found on this site under tutorials at the top. You can also find user tutorials in the video tutorials and FAQ sub forum.
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by briandrys.

Re: how do 3 windows different in one scene? 1 year, 8 months ago #137571

• tunjin
  • Senior Boarder
  • 1 year, 8 months ago
hi

finally , i'm arrived first level pass, 2 clips in one!!

then but for now i need close FX1 FOLD but how?
because first close group effect and i will add other effect but i try not find solution..

please can help me, i'm newbie lightworks version free, for testing..ok?

i add screenshot here attech
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: how do 3 windows different in one scene? 1 year, 8 months ago #137574

• tunjin
  • Senior Boarder
  • 1 year, 8 months ago
add here attach zip because image is small bad to see..
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: how do 3 windows different in one scene? 1 year, 8 months ago #137607

• Great White
    Pro User
  • 1 year, 8 months ago
Assuming that I understand correctly, you can achieve what you want much more simply by using DVE effects and adjusting their crop parameters :

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Lightworks Development

Re: how do 3 windows different in one scene? 1 year, 8 months ago #137621

• tunjin
  • Senior Boarder
  • 1 year, 8 months ago
hi great white
but that is used CROP from DVE, is not good for me because i need move the clip and over mask this mean like as "camcorder change".. now i show you an example

but this is from my home to show you an example what i need: dve position and not crop for mask..
because my "camcorder is changed scene" so i need good scene persons because persons are movement body.. ok?
so i need this trick then last touch: add good graphic like as: logos, lower naming, etc etc.. so i need that trick must close like FOLD and i can add other effect (DVE, blend, color etc etc..but how?
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: how do 3 windows different in one scene? 1 year, 8 months ago #137623

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 year, 8 months ago
tunjin,

I don't understand what you're going to do, others know much better about effects.

Just because I'm interested in history of Lightworks, what version did you use when you first joined this forum in 2010?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: how do 3 windows different in one scene? 1 year, 8 months ago #137631

• tunjin
  • Senior Boarder
  • 1 year, 8 months ago
hi hugly
i joined this regester forum 2010 because to try to use but crashed many times, so i cant to use it for test..so i'm back here few days to use lightworks now worked on linux without crashed..

then for this effect :
i prepare video in archive, video is from seminars documentary for my office job, so i need to this archive. so camcorder (filmmaker) not use move camcorder.. so i need this effect DVE position for change position scene to become like as good scene position correct without bad scene..

example:
man is center of scene, this is ok.. but when man is changed place and go to left of scene..so if effect DVE with crop then man is out of crop.. this is not good.. so i think best trick:
DVE with position + mask = man is center always also if man go left but scene is always center..

then this is good trick or you have other idea for trick?

if lightworks has other trick "how to fold that i did add effect" then i will add last "blend mask" for final good graphic..do you understand?

Re: how do 3 windows different in one scene? 1 year, 8 months ago #137643

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 year, 8 months ago
You can connect the output of one effect to the input of another as many times as you like. Here's one way of doing what you want.

In that case I've used the DVE with an external crop. That could be another DVE, but I chose to use visual crop plus because I wrote it and knew that it wasn't going to slow the system down. There are other user effects that will also do it - I strongly recommend khaver's PolyMask effects as worth exploring.

The end result looks like this.

In that frame the left-most image has been panned strongly right by the DVE, the middle has been enlarged, panned down and to the left, and the right one has been panned slightly down to centre it. All DVE effects were keyframed throughout the length of the effect to keep the primary interest in the frame centred in their respective masks.

Note that there are two effects on the background layer that I haven't shown in the routing: one is a rather strong blur effect, the other is a subtle colour gradient overlay. Each of the insert videos were independently graded too. All of those effects have been removed from the node diagram for clarity. If you decide that you want to have that level of control the colourgrades should go anywhere before the crop effects.
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by jwrl.

Re: how do 3 windows different in one scene? 1 year, 8 months ago #137653

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 year, 8 months ago
Just to make the routing of the effects a little clearer here's an alternative version, with the backgrounds to the DVEs removed for clarity. They're not really necessary in any case when using the DVE effect this way.

Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by jwrl.

Re: how do 3 windows different in one scene? 1 year, 8 months ago #137685

• tunjin
  • Senior Boarder
  • 1 year, 8 months ago
hi JWRL

i try follow you 2 tricks, for understand what is adapter for my case..
but i need to ask you: Visual Crop Plus, there is not found in effects list..

you can send here attach zip for 2 projects (2 tricks), so i can test it.
then i will wait you ok?

THANKYOU JWRL

Re: how do 3 windows different in one scene? 1 year, 8 months ago #137692

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 year, 8 months ago
If you want to try it now, Visual Crop Plus is a user effect to be found under DVE REPOSITION AND CROP of User Effects. Read instructions first. Serch for "Visual Crop Plus" by jwrl, the file name is "vCropPlus.fx" downloadable as "vCropPlus.zip"

Re: how do 3 windows different in one scene? 1 year, 8 months ago #137705

• tunjin
  • Senior Boarder
  • 1 year, 8 months ago
ok thank you for add effect from link, but i start to try but i'm confusing for ADD effect in clips but in routing gives me crazy and confusing..and i'm out of energy. .but i wish to continue to know/learn it.. but please you can do tutorial for this trick because i'm not understand how process of lightwork for adding adding node in routing..i'm
i want to learn.. but i'm stop ..grrrr...
maybe is not easy to learn it?

thank you again
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by tunjin.

Re: how do 3 windows different in one scene? 1 year, 8 months ago #137708

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 year, 8 months ago
I can't imagine a better explanation than given by jwrl above.

If you aren't familiar with basic setup of routing panel, I'd suggest to start with two effects and one video track, just to understand how DVE works and to get familiar with the handling.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.42 seconds
Scroll To Top