Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Imported videos- audio is fine, but the screen is black? (SOLVED)

Imported videos- audio is fine, but the screen is black? (SOLVED) 2 years, 4 months ago #120405

• gh0stpunch
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 years, 4 months ago
I've used Lightworks before, with video clips from a camera, and that worked fine.

However, I've begun recording gameplay and commentary with the use of Loilo Game Recorder, and would like to edit these videos in Lightworks. These videos are perfectly accessible/watchable via my computer's media player, but when I try to import the videos into Lightworks, the video is lost, leaving only my commentary and the game's audio.

I found multiple other topics detailing the same issue, but I either could not understand the solutions offered, or tried the solutions and found they did not work.

Other possibly useful info:
-My version of Lightworks is completely updated
-All videos other than LoiLo's seem to work fine
-Videos range from 12.1 Mb to 522.9 Mb
-The "format" of these videos (visible when importing) is "Motion JPEG"
-30 fps

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read and reply.
Last Edit: 2 years, 4 months ago by gh0stpunch. Reason: SOLVED!

Re: Imported videos- audio is fine, but the screen is black? 2 years, 4 months ago #120406

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 2 years, 4 months ago
Welcome to the forum.

So that users can see the technical details of your video, please follow the directions in this sticky and post the results:

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=23&id=66072&Itemid=81

Re: Imported videos- audio is fine, but the screen is black? 2 years, 4 months ago #120408

• gh0stpunch
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 years, 4 months ago
Thank you for the response! I followed those instructions, and here is the information I found:

:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

Re: Imported videos- audio is fine, but the screen is black? 2 years, 4 months ago #120410

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 2 years, 4 months ago
Unfortunately Lightworks doesn't support Motion-JPEG, which is apparently what you have. Fortunately, if you're a Windows user there's a simple solution. It's called EyeFrame and will transcode your media to something that Lightworks can handle. It was created by a Lightworks user, tin2tin, for this and similar problems of this nature.

If you're a Linux or Mac user you may find that the cross-platform alternative Handbrake will do the job for you, but its export capabilities are limited.

Re: Imported videos- audio is fine, but the screen is black? 2 years, 4 months ago #120411

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 2 years, 4 months ago
RDIT Please follow Jwrl's instructions
Last Edit: 2 years, 4 months ago by briandrys.

Re: Imported videos- audio is fine, but the screen is black? 2 years, 4 months ago #120433

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 years, 4 months ago
User asilnevs reported recently here that EFC runs in Linux with Wine installed. Might be also worth a try.

If you're looking for a procedure to use Eyeframe converter this might be helpful.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 2 years, 4 months ago by hugly.

Re: Imported videos- audio is fine, but the screen is black? 2 years, 4 months ago #120474

• gh0stpunch
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 years, 4 months ago
It worked!

Thank you guys so much for the help, I was starting to get pretty discouraged. I used EyeFrame with the procedure @Hugly referred me to, and I'm finally able to go on to editing my video. No more black screen!

For future reference, if I have more questions to ask about Lightworks (specifically regarding editing- as I'm fairly new to it), is this the right forum to post my inquiries on?

Re: Imported videos- audio is fine, but the screen is black? 2 years, 4 months ago #120477

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 years, 4 months ago
Glad that you got your problem fixed.

if I have more questions to ask about Lightworks (specifically regarding editing- as I'm fairly new to it), is this the right forum to post my inquiries on?

If you have questions concerning editing choose "Editing". If your question will be related to other issues try to find a category that fits best in your view.

Please do not use "Bugs" or "Feature Requests" if you are not absolutely sure that you will place exactly that what theses names are saying.

I don't know whether you are aware of official video tutorials and documentation. They might be worth a look.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 2 years, 4 months ago by hugly.

Re: Imported videos- audio is fine, but the screen is black? 2 years, 4 months ago #120541

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 2 years, 4 months ago
What hugly said about the "Bugs" forum. I know that you (unlike a lot of users here) had the sense to try and find an appropriate place to start your thread, and had the even greater courtesy to ask for future guidelines. I've just spent over two hours that I will never get back moving posts that shouldn't be in the "Bugs" forum out of there.

So thank you, thank you, thank you!
Last Edit: 2 years, 4 months ago by jwrl.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds
Scroll To Top