Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Leading

Leading 1 year, 11 months ago #116670

When you look at the position of something, it says 'Leading' under X and Y, what does it do?
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by TheArmyOfDucks.

Re: Leading 1 year, 11 months ago #116672

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 year, 11 months ago
I'm afraid that you'll have to give more details than that. What is it that you're trying to do?

Re: Leading 1 year, 11 months ago #116674

If you add a title and look at the position, beneath X and Y it says Leading. i don't know what it does
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Leading 1 year, 11 months ago #116675

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 year, 11 months ago
OK, strictly speaking only one of those parameters applies to leading. Leading refers to the space between lines of text. In that context the Y parameter is correct. The X parameter adjusts what is regarded as kerning - the horizontal space between letters.

Re: Leading 1 year, 11 months ago #116676

cool, thanks

Re: Leading 1 year, 11 months ago #116680

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 1 year, 11 months ago
'Leading' is a typographic term originating in the days of metallic typesetting - from the dreaded Wikipeda "In typography, leading /ˈlɛdɪŋ/ refers to the distance between the baselines of successive lines of type. The term originated in the days of hand-typesetting, when thin strips of lead were inserted into the forms to increase the vertical distance between lines of type."
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation

Re: Leading 1 year, 11 months ago #116706

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 year, 11 months ago
Yup. That's the reason that it should be pronounced "ledding", but most graphic artists I know pronounce it "leeding".
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds
Scroll To Top