Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Imported video - blank space

Imported video - blank space 2 years, 6 months ago #115211

• briznick
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 years, 6 months ago
Hope this is a good category...

I'm compiling a video from honeymoon pics & vids. So far I've caught on pretty quick on how to use the software, but I've run into something I can't figure out.

When I import .mp4 video clips, Lightworks adds black, blank space to the end of each video I import. Does it have to do with the FPS? The project was created with auto, and the FPS of the clips I need to import is 29.97. In the project browser, it shows this project as 24fps.

I know how to trim that blank space off from the timeline, but I have a ton of clips and each one has imported with blank space. There has to be an easier way than having to go in and trim the extra space off each one?

Re: Imported video - blank space 2 years, 6 months ago #115213

• briznick
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 years, 6 months ago
I created a new project and adjusted the FPS, and the import then worked correctly.

Now the question is, is there a way of changing the FPS on the project I already have hours into? Or am I left with starting over? (or trimming the blank space off each video)

Re: Imported video - blank space 2 years, 6 months ago #115214

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 years, 6 months ago
"Lightworks adds black"

This is a known issue with V12.6 with 24fps projects.

"Auto" has generated a 24fps for you. You should use 24fps only for real 24/23.976 footage, or to work on footage with different framerates when there is absolutely no other way to do it.

If 29.97fps is what you are working on it's much better to use a 30fps project (project settings to 29.97), and also the black space at the end will dissapear.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Imported video - blank space 2 years, 6 months ago #115217

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 years, 6 months ago
If you have to stay within this 24fps you have to trim the black parts one by one.

Maybe using the subclip feature will help you to speed this up, try and decide.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Imported video - blank space 2 years, 6 months ago #115223

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 2 years, 6 months ago
In the Main Project tab - go to Video/Output Format- from the drop-down select a 29.97 speed. LW will then be operating at that speed. Whenever a speed different to the native sped of the media is selected LW plays that faster or slower depending on the file/Output-format setting combination.

Please also remember to make all your exports at the same 29.97 setting.

It would be prudent to do a short three or four shot test edit about 60 second should be enough - check the workflow through to a test export.
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds
Scroll To Top