Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Eye color change?

Eye color change? 3 years, 4 months ago #113187

• camgirl4eva
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 years, 4 months ago
Hello all!

I did do a forum search, but unfortunately I had a hard time finding this one. If this has already been touched, I apologize in advance for the trouble.

Anyway, I need to know what the most effective way of changing eye color is using lightworks.

I am aware of colored contacts, but unfortunately they have a 'dome' like appearance from side angles. It would definitely look unnatural.

I am extremely new to video editing, so please excuse my n00b questions.

1. Could I use green colored eye contacts (likea green screen) to edit a different eye color and effect in?
2. Is there some sort of color tint I can use instead? And effect, perhaps?

Thanks so much.

Re: Eye color change? 3 years, 4 months ago #113200

• jacquestoo
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 3 years, 4 months ago
There is a tracking feature that can be applied to eyes, and that will make an eye color change possible in DaVinci Resolve v.12 and I assume v.12.5. It's in the "color" tab. Look for "tracking", open and manipulate a "window", to just cover the lens of the eye. It's tricky the first time. Hint: zoom in!

Re: Eye color change? 3 years, 4 months ago #113212

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 3 years, 4 months ago
You should be able to do this with a combination of the Selective Correction effect supplied with Lightworks, and one of khaver's Polymasks. You will need to track the Polymask, but that shouldn't be too hard. Great precision shouldn't be necessary.

The routing that you would use would be this:

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Last Edit: 9 months ago by jwrl.

Re: Eye color change? 3 years, 4 months ago #113231

• camgirl4eva
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 years, 4 months ago
Thank you guys so much! I'll definitely try this out. I really appreciate your insight because I'd definitely be lost without it.

Re: Eye color change? 9 months ago #190084

• SgtDannySgt
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 9 months ago
jwrl wrote:
You should be able to do this with a combination of the Selective Correction effect supplied with Lightworks, and one of khaver's Polymasks. You will need to track the Polymask, but that should n't be too hard. Great precision shouldn't be necessary.

The routing that you would use would be this:

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Hi jwrl

I have followed the routing graph you have and added the effects. I have been tinkering with it forever and I can't get a color change whatsoever... anywhere. Do I have to align the P1 to P8 around the eyes? Thanks

Danny

Re: Eye color change? 9 months ago #190086

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 9 months ago
You certainly do. Depending on the eye colour this sort of colour change can be simple or quite tough.
Last Edit: 9 months ago by jwrl.

Re: Eye color change? 9 months ago #190091

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 9 months ago
Since you've dived into BM Fusion already, here you'll find two tutorial on eye colour change: tale2tell.com/fusion-creative-black-white-eye-colourisation-2-part-series/

I can imagine that the same can be done using Spline Object and Motion Tracker in Boris FX.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Eye color change? 9 months ago #190125

• SgtDannySgt
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 9 months ago
hugly wrote:
Since you've dived into BM Fusion already, here you'll find two tutorial on eye colour change: tale2tell.com/fusion-creative-black-white-eye-colourisation-2-part-series/

I can imagine that the same can be done using Spline Object and Motion Tracker in Boris FX.

Hi Hugly

Thanks for the link. I find that Boris FX is quite daunting for me so I will use Fusion.

Danny
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds
Scroll To Top