Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mark and Park for dummies in 2016

Mark and Park for dummies in 2016 2 years, 9 months ago #110089

• g0rg0n
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 years, 9 months ago
I love your stuff, but can you give us mercy and -yet again- add a video tutorial for Mark and Park for the dummies in 2016?

Thanks

Re: Mark and Park for dummies in 2016 2 years, 9 months ago #110091

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 2 years, 9 months ago
Welcome to the forum.

Mark and park is basically the same as saying this is the "in" point I want to use and the "out" point of the section I wish to use.

Lightworks assumes that when you make this selection that the next point after/before your "in" mark will be your "out", so that when you stop (i.e. park) the playhead, that is the out point.

NOTE This works in either direction. so you can park the playhead either after or before the marked "in" point.

It saves you time by not needing to mark both the "in" and "out" with your keyboard, so just use "i"
NOTE: "p" is unmark

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Or the blue diamond buttons below the viewers (just the in button), so making it quicker to use. Although, you can still do in & out marks if you wish.

It's a selection process that's used on the clip thumbnails in the bins, the viewers and the timeline(s).

You can see it being explained in this user tutorial on an earlier Lightworks version, but it hasn't changed and it still holds in the V14 fixed layout (so don't be put off by the V10 layout and the onscreen console*). Remember it works in either direction:

You can see it used here, blue is "in" and the red the parked position indicated below the viewer. in the timeline and the zoom indicator bar at the bottom:

The two blue diamond icons within the viewer controls are for on the Left "in" and on the right "out", but mark and park saves you the bother of using the latter, so saving you time.

HINT Use the "a" and "s" keys to accurately and quickly position the playhead on the cuts, this saves zooming in and out of the timeline to check.

Or use the scroll wheel on the mouse, with the mouse over either the sequence timeline or viewer.

*The onscreen console is available as one of options in the V14 flexible layout.

Mark and park is on P48 in the V14 User Guide found in downloads > documentation
Last Edit: 5 months, 3 weeks ago by briandrys.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds
Scroll To Top